First half goals at Hillsborough

We’ve scored 4 goals in the first half at Hillsborough this season in 19 games.

Those goals are Murphy against Barnsley, Fletcher against QPR, Luongo against Stoke and Lees against Cardiff.

Blackburn and Derby have both scored 3 at Hillsborough in one first half. It’s taken us 19 first half’s to score 4 in total.

Does anyone know what the record is for the lowest goals at home in the first half all season?

• Thanks 1

And then you get posts on here implying that the lack of atmosphere at Hillsborough is the actual reason why we are poor to watch.  Total crap.

The vast majority of our paying fans will give their support at the matches.

But if there's nothing to cheer or get behind, is it anyone wonder why our home crowds are so quiet these days?

Says a lot about how we set up and our tactics. 

Sit back, invite pressure and hope for the best.

I’m far from a Carlos fan but I remember a stat that if we were winning at half time we tended to keep the lead.

Have a go first half ffs. Put them on the back foot, then try and pick sides off on the break, not just put 11 men behind the ball if by some miracle we have a lead going into the last 15 minutes of a game.

The few games (forest, Boro etc.) we went for it first half we killed the game off early.

Remember - you get what you pay for though, so its OK.

It truly is diabolical.

In fact, I'd go far as saying its insulting.

Insulting from the players and manager that this should be even talked about, and insulting from the chairman that he thinks its remotely acceptable to take - and continue to take - a premium payment from a fanbase and create this situation.

I'm absolutely fuming with this whole set-up.  I'm not even a season ticket holder, but feel like the club is completely taking the mick at the moment.

9 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

We’ve scored 4 goals in the first half at Hillsborough this season in 19 games.

Those goals are Murphy against Barnsley, Fletcher against QPR, Luongo against Stoke and Lees against Cardiff.

Blackburn and Derby have both scored 3 at Hillsborough in one first half. It’s taken us 19 first half’s to score 4 in total.

Does anyone know what the record is for the lowest goals at home in the first half all season?

The highlighted ones are the only 2 first half goals we have scored under Monk as the other two were in Bullen's 3 home games in charge.

So that's 2 first half goals in 16 games under Monk and one of those came when we had already conceded twice. 

Embarrassing statistic. 

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The highlighted ones are the only 2 first half goals we have scored under Monk as the other two were in Bullen's 3 home games in charge.

So that's 2 first half goals in 16 games under Monk and one of those came when we had already conceded twice. 

Embarrassing statistic. 

Blackburn and Derby have scored more goals in the first 45 minutes at Hillsborough than Wednesday have under Garry Monk.

That’s some stat

:1276983839_MonkHome:

21 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

Says a lot about how we set up and our tactics. 

Sit back, invite pressure and hope for the best.

I’m far from a Carlos fan but I remember a stat that if we were winning at half time we tended to keep the lead.

Have a go first half ffs. Put them on the back foot, then try and pick sides off on the break, not just put 11 men behind the ball if by some miracle we have a lead going into the last 15 minutes of a game.

The few games (forest, Boro etc.) we went for it first half we killed the game off early.

Our first halfs under Carlos were pretty dire.

But still, not this dire.

44 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Our first halfs under Carlos were pretty dire.

But still, not this dire.

True, but in the first couple of seasons you always felt we would click into gear. 

What we are currently producing is beyond embarrassing. 

23 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

Blackburn and Derby have scored more goals in the first 45 minutes at Hillsborough than Wednesday have under Garry Monk.

That’s some stat

:1276983839_MonkHome:

Fortress Hillsborough, more like a sandcastle when the tides come in