"Its him or us"

6 minutes ago, Stoop said:

The celebrations in front of the bench on Wednesday night will tell you that he hasn’t lost the dressing room

Just the plot he has lost then. 

19 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I was of this opinion, the Burton game under Bullen was horrendous and QPR at home this season was a tactical failure.

However, the points per game record this season was better under Bullen than it is under Monk. We have been inept and  uncompetitive too many times this year.

I imagine his record generally is pretty decent tbf, but his spells always seem to go the same way. First the Bomb squad come back and team play well to show it was all the outgoing managers fault. Then after a few weeks that wears off and we go to pot. Players hide behind the excuse of bullen not being good enough and he himself comes out and says we need a manager. I’m not pro monk. At this stage I’m nothing monk. I just cannot see the point in going in circles and always going back to bullen. Whole system needs a massive shake up tbf but can’t see it happening whilst paixao and that infect the club. Will be yes man after yes man after yes man (Bruce aside) and we’ll go nowhere

ps I never wanna see that burton performance ever again. Butterfield still gives me nightmares! 

21 minutes ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

I imagine his record generally is pretty decent tbf, but his spells always seem to go the same way. First the Bomb squad come back and team play well to show it was all the outgoing managers fault. Then after a few weeks that wears off and we go to pot. Players hide behind the excuse of bullen not being good enough and he himself comes out and says we need a manager. I’m not pro monk. At this stage I’m nothing monk. I just cannot see the point in going in circles and always going back to bullen. Whole system needs a massive shake up tbf but can’t see it happening whilst paixao and that infect the club. Will be yes man after yes man after yes man (Bruce aside) and we’ll go nowhere

ps I never wanna see that burton performance ever again. Butterfield still gives me nightmares! 

I'm pretty much of the same opinion apart from Monk. What he has managed to put out this year is simply unacceptable. I agree regarding Bullen getting an initial lift out of the squad which soon tails off but I'm starting to feel like it might be a decent option if it gets us two or 3 wins from what wee have remaining. We have only won 2 of the last 13 league games under Monk and have generally got what we deserved from all those games.

47 minutes ago, PriceAPP said:

Thought I was over the whole Bruce thing but right now I’m thinking about the fact we had him, loved him and lost him and I’m despairing over it all over again!

not helpful ...

After the same number of games at the helm, Monk was doing better than Bruce.

There's nothing to say that the way the players appear to have downed tools wouldn't have also happened eventually under Bruce.

I'm not sure this is going to help, either!

:duntmatter:

3 hours ago, Beholder said:

No not a quote, i'm not ITK. But that is what has happened isn't it?

And that is why he can't pick them. Because if he does he loses all credibility and would have to step down.

There was a fall out after West Brom game and Monk has made a massive mistake by freezing out the wrong players. Now he is stuck, same as Jos was.

We all know what the missing ingredient is: two players.

And if he won't pick them he needs to be sacked or step aside so Bullen can. Simple as that. 

I was considering your points right up until the point you mentioned Bullen :duntmatter:

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Something is seriously rotten in the club. Is it the manager? Have the players downed tools? Something has happened, that's for sure. 

complacency has set in for some no pressure in midfield defence or keeper .once that rears it's ugly head then it's a hell of a job to shake it off

dropping the two for whatever reason is gifting the number 1 spot and so is the dropping of hutch .in the midfield / defence , should have seen the season through with them  in contention , rather than this abject rubbish we are watching now ,making a stand halfway through the season should not have happened and if it ends in relegation then Monk has played a blinder , 

The problem with living over 2 hours away is that you spend 2 hours in the  car mulling the game over and the bigger issues. Well that and keeping the car in a straight line v Storm Jorge.

But whatever the malaise is or isn't caused by it is palpable amongst the fan base. It is horrible to witness and unfortunately when you get in this position it needs to be addressed by the top not added to it by their inaction.