"Its him or us"

5 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I've always been on the 'optimist' side of the arguments, but the very simple, single issue of playing Lees ahead of Iorfa today (which cost us the game) has made my mind up.

PS I don't think any result against City is really relevant to be honest.

I understand where you’re coming from with the City game but if we get hammered and let’s be honest that will

probably happen then any confidence or morale we have will disappear if it hasn’t already. Hillsborough is a toxic place, atmosphere wise. It’ll only get worse with humiliation on Wednesday night.

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I understand where you’re coming from with the City game but if we get hammered and let’s be honest that will

probably happen then any confidence or morale we have will disappear if it hasn’t already. Hillsborough is a toxic place, atmosphere wise. It’ll only get worse with humiliation on Wednesday night.

Not be enough people there to notice.

4 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Forget the City game - we are miles away from even competing. We will only get a respectable result in terms of damage limitation if City play the kids or they take their foot off the gas.

Our players and overall style is so slow it's frankly barely above static. A fully charged City will simply walk through the centre midfield and defence.

This isn't a 2015 Wednesday team, and Man City aren't an Arsenal. The fans know this and will sit there politely and take a 0-3 defeat.

Guest LittleG
29 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

We were saying the same thing today; can’t throw the players under the bus again. BUT I don’t agree he’s lost the dressing room, he’s never had it!!!

This is all about player power, which is fine if you’re a team of world beaters at the top of the league; if however, you are flexing your collective muscles and turning in performances like today, there can only be one winner.

We have to back Monk to clear this lot out but it won’t be a quick fix unfortunately 

Sorry but I have no confidence in Monks ability to clear players out and rebuild.

12 minutes ago, Animis said:

Forget the City game - we are miles away from even competing. We will only get a respectable result in terms of damage limitation if City play the kids or they take their foot off the gas.

Our players and overall style is so slow it's frankly barely above static. A fully charged City will simply walk through the centre midfield and defence.

This isn't a 2015 Wednesday team, and Man City aren't an Arsenal. The fans know this and will sit there politely and take a 0-3 defeat.

I will be over the moon with that .

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

There is more deep rooted issues than just these two. 

Monk is biting his lip so much 

Thought it was coming in the post-March Q&A on radio Sheff this evening - after much dancing around the various issues he was asked straight up if the players were good enough. The pause before he said “well, y’know...it’s difficult...” was excruciating.

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

There is more deep rooted issues than just these two. 

Monk is biting his lip so much 

That may be the case.

A major issue for me is that the manager is not good enough. Hope he is out of contract in the summer because I don't want him rebuilding our squad. 

1 hour ago, marcx666 said:

Monks fallen out with players and staff at Boro, L**ds and Birmingham. Clearly has attitude issues on top of being a garbage manager. He might know winning dressing rooms, but they had a good manager.

This ^ 

He was garbage before he came here and he's still garbage. He's done nothing at his other clubs or here to suggest he's worth sticking with. An awful appointment and a huge step backwards from Bruce. It will take a similar appointment as the Bruce appointment to restabilise us and to start rebuilding with.

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

If you think playing Westwood and Hutchinson again is a magic wand to Wednesday's problems you are a bit naive.

Not a magic wand but they are better than the players that are being selected, and would bring a bit of unity back to the dressing room, they should be reinstated ASAP.

Just now, FreshOwl said:

The more this goes on, the more I’m thinking Monks the problem. I mean Christ we’re not great, but getting smashed at home repeatedly by average opposition shouldn’t be happening with this team 

Do you not feel that it is a combination of factors coming together, one of which is Monk's management?

The whole club is rotting at the moment and Monk is a part of that but not the whole.

1 hour ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

Monk may not be the answer but bullen is definitely not the answer. I'll tombstone ozzie owl if we end up with bullen in caretaker charge for any length of time!

I was of this opinion, the Burton game under Bullen was horrendous and QPR at home this season was a tactical failure.

However, the points per game record this season was better under Bullen than it is under Monk. We have been inept and  uncompetitive too many times this year.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Thought it was coming in the post-March Q&A on radio Sheff this evening - after much dancing around the various issues he was asked straight up if the players were good enough. The pause before he said “well, y’know...it’s difficult...” was excruciating.

Why were the same group of players good enough before Christmas, why weren't the underlying issues having a negative impact back then? 

We were effective in the first half of the season and we were competitive, when we got beat it was generally only by 1 goal. Now we are losing games before half-time and are not competitive against sides in the bottom half of the division. Monk has a history of falling our with his employers and not lasting beyond a year or so in jobs. 

When people were saying 'look at the celebrations' for the last minute winner against Charlton, I've no doubt it meant a lot to them at the moment.

The issue is, which we really know deep down is these players are mid-table. The added factor is confidence, and collectively they know they can't deliver for sustained periods, because of their physical and mental limitations. When you assemble many similar players, you get a perfect storm, which we are now in the middle of (not the eye). 

We've got to scratch out points until the end of the season to insulate ourselves from any risk of a points deduction. 

Confidence is at such a low ebb, we are susceptible to cliff-edge collapse. Monk doesn't appear to be the man who can arrest this, so the players must do it.