31 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The club was up for sale when MM owned the club there was an open invitation for any one to buy the club.

No one apart from DC made a serious offer.  The concerned fans had/have the opportunity to get together and buy the club or reach out to someone who might.  

What have the concerned fans done?  Nothing apart from moan and whinge and look the other way when they could do something.

I've done just that. 

Edited by TINKERBELL
15 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Sorry to hear that. 

Why don't you reach out on the internet and try and persuade someone to take a look at the club.

People who are interested in buying football clubs don’t need the likes of me sending them a a random email to

let them know Sheffield Wednesday exist.

How do you reckon Chansiri is doing? 

I'm watching Fawlty Towers, the episode when they had the gourmet night. 

Andre's restaurant is how things are at the Lane right now, whilst our owner is stood outside in the rain whacking the car with a branch. 

• Haha 6
9 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

People who are interested in buying football clubs don’t need the likes of me sending them a a random email to

let them know Sheffield Wednesday exist.

How do you reckon Chansiri is doing? 

You have extensive knowledge of the business world that much is obvious from your posts and your network must spread far and wide.  And by getting together with fellow fans on here surely we can reach someone if not by email then by other means.

DC is not having a good run

2 minutes ago, g-owls said:

I'm watching Fawlty Towers, the episode when they had the gourmet night. 

Andre's restaurant is how things are at the Lane right now, whilst our owner is stood outside in the rain whacking the car with a branch. 

Bugger Fawlty Towers get looking for a buyer 

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Bugger Fawlty Towers get looking for a buyer 

You must be joking. 

The Germans are visiting next. 

• Haha 3
18 minutes ago, A12owl said:

What's your suggestion now MK? 

Do you have any contact with DC? 

Definitely no on the latter

I wish I knew the answer, the real concern is the malaise around the Club and large sections of what I would consider the hard core support. 

Just said on another forum I actually think it is a fatigue setting in. I certainly feel it, that the high tide mark has been reached and its turned. How many of us have the energy to hit the repeat button of us being abject both on and off the field. The palpable feeling of a wasted opportunit. 

I will be narcissistic here but when the likes of me can't be bothered to go Wednesday, have not renewed season tickets then we are in trouble 

Doesn't really answer your question but I need something on the pitch to get excited about and to see leadership and direction off it

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I wish I knew the answer, the real concern is the malaise around the Club and large sections of what I would consider the hard core support. 

Just said on another forum I actually think it is a fatigue setting in. I certainly feel it, that the high tide mark has been reached and its turned. How many of us have the energy to hit the repeat button of us being abject both on and off the field. The palpable feeling of a wasted opportunit. 

I will be narcissistic here but when the likes of me can't be bothered to go Wednesday, have not renewed season tickets then we are in trouble 

Doesn't really answer your question but I need something on the pitch to get excited about and to see leadership and direction off it

Can't disagree with any of that. Put very eloquently. 

12 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

You have extensive knowledge of the business world that much is obvious from your posts and your network must spread far and wide.  And by getting together with fellow fans on here surely we can reach someone if not by email then by other means.

DC is not having a good run

I have a basic knowledge of business and accounts from my training and qualification as an accountant and work in insolvency almost 3 decades ago. That means I can follow the financial stuff reasonably well and better than most on here - but that’s as far as it goes. 

I have no business network at all. It’s not what I do anymore. 

6 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Bingo 

Just now, rickygoo said:

I have a basic knowledge of business and accounts from my training and qualification as an accountant and work in insolvency almost 3 decades ago. That means I can follow the financial stuff reasonably well and better than most on here - but that’s as far as it goes. 

I have no business network at all. It’s not what I do anymore. 

OK set up a working group of Owls fans and lets see if we can come up with something.  Must be loads on here ready to help @Mr Farrell  springs to mind he knows most things.

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

OK set up a working group of Owls fans and lets see if we can come up with something.  Must be loads on here ready to help @Mr Farrell  springs to mind he knows most things.

I would fully endorse the formation of a ‘working group’ but the group should be made up of individual fans that have influential contacts from the business world or people who associate themselves with some very wealthy people.

However we should be mindful that there are plenty of rich crooks in this world just looking for ready made businesses that could be used to ‘launder’ cartels I’ll gotten gains.

Any good working group needs a strong influential leader and. Believe we should look no further than the principals of Owlstalk

@AlbanianBananaDog. Instead of negging or putting crying faces to the majority of comments, how about you add your own insight? I take it you’re a staunch Chansiri fan?

12 hours ago, Blue and white said:

This is why he isn't going anywhere yet, who would want to buy for top dollar especially when relegation is a very real possibility.

All will be sorted once the EFL have got there finger out.

Top dollar !! Nobody in their right mind would take us on a free transfer, never mind pay a fee. We are done as a club. The only asset we have is the fan base, and that’s melting faster than the icecaps.