Tom Lees

7 hours ago, prowl said:

Because Iorfa has been awful in some games recently. I'm not saying he is awful because he has also been brilliant in other games. He went from being reliable to 'you don't know what you are going to get'.

Saturday he was on it and his speed got us out of trouble several times.

Let's face it all of our defenders have mistakes in them but they are left exposed by a weak midfield. Bannan isn't a tackler and although Lee is good at intercepting and nicking the ball he's not a hard physical player.

I'm not excusing Tom Lees performance on Saturday because it was poor but he has been a good defender. Him and Loovens were excellent. He does seem to need an organiser next to him and I think Westwood helps in that respect but Loovens and Hector going are the big misses..

Out of interest, when was the last time Iorfa played 3 or more consecutive games at CH with Börner?

4 minutes ago, scram said:

How is he pretending to be injured?

Can you a muscle pull that causes pain that can't be picked up on a scan? I know it's common for things like MRIs on back pain to be BS, but what about muscle??

12 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

Can you a muscle pull that causes pain that can't be picked up on a scan? I know it's common for things like MRIs on back pain to be BS, but what about muscle??

It doesn't have to be muscle

There are multiple reasons people can feel posterior thigh pain

Obviously Monk was an idiot in proclaiming there is nothing "clinically wrong" - if not libellous

There obviously is something clinically wrong if the player is complaining of symptoms

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scram said:

Obviously Monk was an idiot in proclaiming there is nothing "clinically wrong" - if not libellous

There obviously is something clinically wrong if the player is complaining of symptoms

That's what I thought. No serious on the scan might be accurate but doesn't mean the guys not in discomfort. At least that was my layman's perspective

Time and again i have see scan reports (from the best in the business) where the report will say something along the lines of "symptoms not explained by scan findings" 

Edited by scram

5 hours ago, scram said:

Time and again i have see scan reports (from the best in the business) where the report will say something along the lines of "symptoms not explained by scan findings" 

But I find it odd the manager would come out and say this if he genuinly trusted Tom Lees, its obvious Monk doesn't and he thinks Lees is taking the pìss out of the club, players and fans.

I don’t believe the feigning injury that Monk was eluding to, and it is probably another case where the manager would be better keeping council Those type of public digs seem to be Monk’s forte, and are the main reason why his managerial stints always seem to end in tears 

However, if the plan going forward, is to play with three centre backs, then I don’t think that will suit Lees. 
Some have said, he’s useful back up to have around, but at this stage of his career, he’s too good to just be back up, especially if he doesn’t fit the system anyway. 
I like Tom Lees, and in a back four, he’s generally been dependable, but it might be better for him to find a new club now, and allow us to look for a couple of new centre backs.

10 hours ago, scram said:

He's probably suffering from  "Westwooditis"..

A very rare unexplained condition ...

Sid.png.ca5c13c99fa692450f2fc536d52d1718.png

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

GM is no idiot hes dealt with injured players and scans in the hundreds, theres more to it than the scan for him to say that, either than or hes totally lost it which i doubt, if anything he looks 10 years younger to me

Edited by keepitsteel89

I'm sure Monk is an accomplished radiologist and an adept reader of scans

Still doesn't make him able to ascertain whether anybody is felling any symptoms

In fact he contradicted himself by saying that they would see what Lees reported as symptoms and also that there was nothing clinically wrong with him

if somebody is claiming symptoms then there is something clinically wrong

So maybe Monk isn't such an expert in injuries and imaging...

4 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Personally I didn't detect a dig at Lees. Just giving an update. Lees felt a tightening; scans show nothing so hopefully he'll soon be ready for action.

Think he was just saying how it is.

We're dictated by Tom and how he feels.

We'll see if he's able to train this morning. We go by his symptoms and how he feels.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scram said:

I'm sure Monk is an accomplished radiologist and an adept reader of scans

Still doesn't make him able to ascertain whether anybody is felling any symptoms

In fact he contradicted himself by saying that they would see what Lees reported as symptoms and also that there was nothing clinically wrong with him

if somebody is claiming symptoms then there is something clinically wrong

So maybe Monk isn't such an expert in injuries and imaging...

There is clearly a clinical presentation.

Whether or not it accounts in the medical sense for what is 'wrong' is a different matter. From the sound of your experience you'll know that as well as I (?)

I am not saying that in the case of Lees this is a factor btw.... know nothing about it.