Tom Lees

2 hours ago, Mister Soul said:

I’ll say it and have said it for weeks. To the point of people having a dig at me!

He is not up to it and he has become a nervous virus throughout the team. They don’t trust him, they don’t believe in him. 
Say what you like about Monk ( that’s a different issue) but Lees cannot play for the club again!

Ever again? I'm not saying you're wrong about his form and his indecision... but ever again.. ? 

3 minutes ago, DidOwl said:

Find this a bit ott. For a number of seasons, he beat everyone in the air and scored some good headers. He was, for those seasons, the epitome of consistency. I agree he has become less effective and his ability to do more than pass sideways or backwards has waned. Today, he lost confidence and I’m sure he was taking his shirt off as he went down the tunnel at the end of the first half - acknowledging a poor performance. As or the captaincy, it is bestowed and not asked for. I doubt he either sought or wanted it. He’s been a good, hardworking, servant and his time may be over, but don’t over-exaggerate.

It happens to all players mate..Loovens had some shockers in his final season...

Unluckily for Tom Lees...His shortcomings are highlighted by the state the club is in..same for Dawson to a certain extent.

The fans are totally fed up with it both on and off the field...But sadly..Its only ON the field where fans can exercise that frustration....and on here to certin extent.

So everything is blown out of proportion.

If you support Hutch...You can't support Monk

If you support Westwood , you have to blow every Dawson mistake up to elephantine proportions...

Its a mess...We are a mess...

2 hours ago, Mister Soul said:

I’ll say it and have said it for weeks. To the point of people having a dig at me!

He is not up to it and he has become a nervous virus throughout the team. They don’t trust him, they don’t believe in him. 
Say what you like about Monk ( that’s a different issue) but Lees cannot play for the club again!

bit harsh. 

he needs a spell on the bench to get his head straight. Looked a nervous wreck today. 

He’s a shambles at the moment. It’s almost embarrassing watching it at times. Can’t figure out what’s happened to him. Getting  progressively worse as each season goes by. 

For the most part this season he’s been average at best at defending, he’s woeful with the ball at his feet and shows no leadership at all. Don’t see what he offers to the team at the moment and needs dropping for his own and the teams benefit. 

a telling point towards the end of he first half when Lee was under pressure. Had a simple lay off to Lees, Lee looked up, saw that Lees was his only option and instead turned away putting himself under more pressure. His team mates don’t even have confidence in him. 

Been a fantastic player for us, part of the team to beat the record for clean sheets. 

Going through a bad time at the moment. Don’t think the captaincy is helping him or us. 

Needs a spell out of the team, but also needs our support because he can still be a top defender on his day. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

If you can't expect a professional football player to make a simple pass..without having to cover him..What the f.ook are the team gonna do?

You would go nowhere...It was Lees fault...irrespective of what his team mates around him did...

"I better not make this run down the line in case he volleys it towards his own net?"

You can't play like that

Is that first sentence still on about Bannan?

Edited by stanningtonowl

He’s making the mistakes you’d expect of someone 10 years younger than him.

I think players often settle into a complacent comfort after being at a club for a long time. Unfortunately that complacency has led to him just becoming an error-strewn liability.

He has to be moved on in the summer for me, even before his performances in the last month or so. 

3 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Been a fantastic player for us, part of the team to beat the record for clean sheets. 

Going through a bad time at the moment. Don’t think the captaincy is helping him or us. 

Needs a spell out of the team, but also needs our support because he can still be a top defender on his day. 

I agree with most of that but he is now past it.

his ball distribution was never owt special and now it’s pathetic.

His inability to trap a bag of wet cement isn’t helping either.

Was good, isn’t now.

4 hours ago, crookesowl said:

bit harsh. 

he needs a spell on the bench to get his head straight. Looked a nervous wreck today. 

Would you trust him to come on and do a job if needed?

I think he'd be dreading coming on, let alone the fans.

I just dont think he's right mentally, confidence and professional concentration is absolutely shot.

5 hours ago, stanningtonowl said:

Bannan doesn’t drop back 20 yards to cover Lees. He drops back so it makes his back pass to the keeper easier. 
Slag Lees off,but don’t excuse Bannan for what he does. 

Missing the point by a mile.. Bannan was dropping back to try and receive the ball ... things have changed recently but ultimately he was being dragged into a vacuum of confusion 

5 hours ago, DidOwl said:

Find this a bit ott. For a number of seasons, he beat everyone in the air and scored some good headers. He was, for those seasons, the epitome of consistency. I agree he has become less effective and his ability to do more than pass sideways or backwards has waned. Today, he lost confidence and I’m sure he was taking his shirt off as he went down the tunnel at the end of the first half - acknowledging a poor performance. As or the captaincy, it is bestowed and not asked for. I doubt he either sought or wanted it. He’s been a good, hardworking, servant and his time may be over, but don’t over-exaggerate.

His confidence went weeks ago. Where have you been?

7 hours ago, debram said:

To be fair he had a decent game against Charlton and Iorfa has been going through a sticky patch, he may be a victim of the summer overhaul though.

Iorfa has looked a suicidal nervous reck when Lees has stepped  on the pitch..and I recognise why

12 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

Well I would normally defend him but when my defending of him is better than his ability to defend then theres no point.

Wtf was he doing with that second goal. Yes he lost the ball but the lack of busting a gut to get back up and chase the ball back screams hes passed it to me wtf. 

Hes getting effortless why we dont have the iorfa borner partnership confused me too

Me too. I've seen the comments on here over the last few weeks and thought what an over reaction but today - wow! Shocking performance and as you say to give the ball away and then not give a poo about trying to get it back and recover his ballack summed it up. You could see he didn't want to be anywhere near that pitch today - he's confidence is absolutely shot.

Lees has gone - Get rid.

I also don’t get the big love-in for Börner. He’s a terrible footballer and should be sent back to Germany. 

I’m afraid it’s going to be League 1 football at Premier League prices next season. 

13 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

I think Loovens must be a hypnotist.

There’s another factor I think. Lees was gash under Jos as well. I think Lees needs a vocal goalkeeper behind him giving him guidance. Under Monk and Jos that hasn’t been there.