Tom Lees

49 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Been a really good player for us, and largely very consistent, but sadly going through a bad spell. I hope a rest will do him good in the long run.

Sorry Tom Lee's, but your time here is over. Thank you and goodbye  time to look at the lower leagues. Don't worry think a few of your climates will be joining you

Just now, bolton9owl said:

Totally agree but based on their performance since Xmas neither should 2/3rds of the bloody team !!!!!

Sorry but he sticks out like a sore thumb. Anyone that’s played a team game can recognise that if you got a player lacking confidence it disrupts even the best players .. the reason Bannan was dropping 20yds back for a few weeks was simply cause he could the cards in defence ( and credit it to him) .. people was asking why at the time. Panic in defence created by Lees

1 hour ago, Lomas613 said:

Well I would normally defend him but when my defending of him is better than his ability to defend then theres no point.

Wtf was he doing with that second goal. Yes he lost the ball but the lack of busting a gut to get back up and chase the ball back screams hes passed it to me wtf. 

Hes getting effortless why we dont have the iorfa borner partnership confused me too

He had so many options for that second. Busting it into the stands, poking it wide towards Palmer, back to Dawson, turning the opposite way.... Almost endless options, but no. Let's get put on his arse and let Lee fill in at CB as cover.

He's a nervous wreck and should be nowhere near our team.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mister Soul said:

I’ll say it and have said it for weeks. To the point of people having a dig at me!

He is not up to it and he has become a nervous virus throughout the team. They don’t trust him, they don’t believe in him. 
Say what you like about Monk ( that’s a different issue) but Lees cannot play for the club again!

He looks like the tom Lee's from the game v Leeds when we beat them 6-0 and who was CB for Leeds 

1 hour ago, Lomas613 said:

Well I would normally defend him but when my defending of him is better than his ability to defend then theres no point.

Wtf was he doing with that second goal. Yes he lost the ball but the lack of busting a gut to get back up and chase the ball back screams hes passed it to me wtf. 

Hes getting effortless why we dont have the iorfa borner partnership confused me too

He’s been like this for 2 years. 2 fkin years. An absolute liability.

A div 1 player at best, so he could come in handy next season.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

Sorry but he sticks out like a sore thumb. Anyone that’s played a team game can recognise that if you got a player lacking confidence it disrupts even the best players .. the reason Bannan was dropping 20yds back for a few weeks was simply cause he could the cards in defence ( and credit it to him) .. people was asking why at the time. Panic in defence created by Lees

Bannan doesn’t drop back 20 yards to cover Lees. He drops back so it makes his back pass to the keeper easier. 
Slag Lees off,but don’t excuse Bannan for what he does. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Bannan doesn’t drop back 20 yards to cover Lees. He drops back so it makes his back pass to the keeper easier. 
Slag Lees off,but don’t excuse Bannan for what he does. 

If you can't expect a professional football player to make a simple pass..without having to cover him..What the f.ook are the team gonna do?

You would go nowhere...It was Lees fault...irrespective of what his team mates around him did...

"I better not make this run down the line in case he volleys it towards his own net?"

You can't play like that

• Like 2

Lees isn't a captain and probably knows this himself. 

He also cannot play against players his own size or taller as he gets bullied too easy. 

All he is interested in is giving a wild ball back to Dawson or a 2 yard pass to Bannan. 

The last time he was good was with Loovens but then Loovens cleared a lot of his mess up. 

He needs a transfer to another club and a fresh start as he's one of the stale ones, Give the captains band to Borner. 

Only ever performed well over a long period when paired with a commanding partner. 

Borner could maybe be that, but he’s never captain material and he’s probably the worst player we have in terms of footballing ability and their second goal today proves that

1 hour ago, Mister Soul said:

I’ll say it and have said it for weeks. To the point of people having a dig at me!

He is not up to it and he has become a nervous virus throughout the team. They don’t trust him, they don’t believe in him. 
Say what you like about Monk ( that’s a different issue) but Lees cannot play for the club again!

They dont trust him or Dawson.....Bonner been suspect too...A defence that has gone from solid,best part of team to all over the place im afraid...UTO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Lees isn't a captain and probably knows this himself. 

He also cannot play against players his own size or taller as he gets bullied too easy. 

All he is interested in is giving a wild ball back to Dawson or a 2 yard pass to Bannan. 

The last time he was good was with Loovens but then Loovens cleared a lot of his mess up. 

He needs a transfer to another club and a fresh start as he's one of the stale ones, Give the captains band to Borner. 

Not arguing.. but Borner's hardly consistent..

1 hour ago, WelshOwl74 said:

League 1 defender and worst captain in our history

It's actually embarrassing that he is still club captain 

Find this a bit ott. For a number of seasons, he beat everyone in the air and scored some good headers. He was, for those seasons, the epitome of consistency. I agree he has become less effective and his ability to do more than pass sideways or backwards has waned. Today, he lost confidence and I’m sure he was taking his shirt off as he went down the tunnel at the end of the first half - acknowledging a poor performance. As or the captaincy, it is bestowed and not asked for. I doubt he either sought or wanted it. He’s been a good, hardworking, servant and his time may be over, but don’t over-exaggerate.