Chansiri out

54 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Presume Iorfa wasn't available for the first half then!!!

All the rest of your points may or may not be valid but today's debacle was purely down to Monk's disastrous picking of Lees & not reinstating what has been potentially the best defensive partnership for years.

If you want to blame Monk and Lees instead of DC I’d say you’re deluded

1 hour ago, folger said:

He needs to appoint a board. The board need to appoint a DOF. And the DOF and board need to appoint a manager NOT A COACH. The manager needs to build his squad post clear out. Then we might see something.

Paul Aldridge

Jonathan Hill

Paul Senior

Glenn Roeder

Katrien Meire

Adam Pearson

Joe Palmer

All appointed to advisory roles. All gone.

Chansiri won't be told what to do. It's his way or the high way. Which is fine if you know football business. Or just football. Or even just business. Chansiri knows none of that. He's a fraud who's been given some money. No credentials whatsoever.

Edited by KivoOwl
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

If you want to blame Monk and Lees instead of DC I’d say you’re deluded

I was directly responding to the following statement.

"Whilst most will blame Monk he can only play the team that he has available".

Can you please (in non emotional, non hysterical terms), explain what DC had to do with picking that side yesterday & especially picking Lees rather than Iorfa, that basically cost us the game.

I realise it's difficult, almost impossible, for some, to separate one argument from another. So I repeat, just for a minute, forget the argument about DCs apparent mismanagement. I was responding specifically about the game & team selection yesterday.

Please explain why I'm "deluded" in taking issue with the above highlighted statement, when quite clearly Monk DID have other options in picking the team.

10 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

Paul Aldridge

Jonathan Hill

Paul Senior

Glenn Roeder

Katrien Meire

Adam Pearson

Joe Palmer

All appointed to advisory roles. All gone.

Chansiri won't be told what to do. It's his way or the high way. Which is fine if you know football business. Or just football. Or even just business. Chansiri knows none of that. He's a fraud who's been given some money. No credentials whatsoever.

The question was asked when he came in. What qualifications or experience does he have to run a successful business ?

We were shouted down by the same frauds on here who still try and cover for his failings to this day.

They need to take a good look at themselves, and ask if they are part of the problem ?

7 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

The question was asked when he came in. What qualifications or experience does he have to run a successful business ?

We were shouted down by the same frauds on here who still try and cover for his failings to this day.

They need to take a good look at themselves, and ask if they are part of the problem ?

They ARE part of the problem.

Edited by TaxiMark
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I was directly responding to the following statement.

"Whilst most will blame Monk he can only play the team that he has available".

Can you please (in non emotional, non hysterical terms), explain what DC had to do with picking that side yesterday & especially picking Lees rather than Iorfa, that basically cost us the game.

I realise it's difficult, almost impossible, for some, to separate one argument from another. So I repeat, just for a minute, forget the argument about DCs apparent mismanagement. I was responding specifically about the game & team selection yesterday.

Please explain why I'm "deluded" in taking issue with the above highlighted statement, when quite clearly Monk DID have other options in picking the team.

If the result yesterday was solely down to Lees starting ahead of Iorfa, can you explain the 0-5 against Blackburn and the 0-3 against Reading when Iorfa started and Lees was on the bench?

What players do we have left in the squad that are actually worth money? If the entire squad was put up for sale in the summer, how much do you think we’d raise?

Monk and Tom Lees are not to blame for the recruitment, lack of player sales and the contract situation.

We only have 8 or 9 outfield players currently contracted to the club for next season. Does that tell you something is wrong above Garry Monk?

The only thing for it is to make it known more to DC that he’s no longer wanted as the custodian of the club - try and force his hand. Whether that’s through demonstrations or banners I’m not sure.

It’s counter productive to boo players during games but we all know that the players and Monk are heavily to blame for our current position. It’s the man at the top that’s the biggest concern right now, if he remains we will be in a similar or probably worse position in 2-3 years time.

9 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

If the result yesterday was solely down to Lees starting ahead of Iorfa, can you explain the 0-5 against Blackburn and the 0-3 against Reading when Iorfa started and Lees was on the bench?

What players do we have left in the squad that are actually worth money? If the entire squad was put up for sale in the summer, how much do you think we’d raise?

Monk and Tom Lees are not to blame for the recruitment, lack of player sales and the contract situation.

We only have 8 or 9 outfield players currently contracted to the club for next season. Does that tell you something is wrong above Garry Monk?

I'm not disagreeing. Other games had other issues. My entire point was solely relating to the statement I highlighted, that Monk yesterday had no other players to pick from.

Regardless of other games, (and I take on board your points), looking at Iorfa's performance yesterday when he came on, if he had started from the outset (which was the obvious choice), this game could have had a different outcome. But I repeat, i am not arguing the bigger picture, & I don't know how many times I need to say it, I was simply responding to the untrue statement that Monk had no other alternatives to pick from. 

I referred to it earlier that people seem totally incapable of debating one isolated point without going on the no holds barred full on bigger picture DC out rant which is a bigger, different argument. 

• Thanks 1