10 year season tickets

Conjecture and guess work when we don't have the facts leaves many to surmise or guess what the future holds.

Chansiri is slated for his inactivity but any embryo of a plan he may have must wait for the clearer water of the outcome. As well as our very own internal rumour mill, there are two surfacing amongst the bigger EFL chairmen; Prem 2 and the alternative salary cap.

Chansiri would be foolhardy indeed to launch any plan until 1) Our case/cases are settled  2) Direction of travel of the Premier league is set in stone and 3) The EFL big boy chairmen get a collective chance to respond.

All very frustrating I know but we have little option to wait patiently. All will out in the wash. 

42 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Talking from the point of view of the consumer

Not sure why anyone would think SWFC encouraging supporters to give the business what is in effect an unregulated and unsecured loan is in the interest of the consumer. What would to the advantage of all parties would be the owner at least trying to operate  the business properly and offering a decent product at a fair price. He won’t do that because that would require him to put in some effort and he just too lazy to bother.

6 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Not sure why anyone would think SWFC encouraging supporters to give the business what is in effect an unregulated and unsecured loan is in the interest of the consumer. What would to the advantage of all parties would be the owner at least trying to operate  the business properly and offering a decent product at a fair price. He won’t do that because that would require him to put in some effort and he just too lazy to bother.

If you get ten years plus out it then for the consumer its a bargain thats my point.  

34 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

If you get ten years plus out it then for the consumer its a bargain thats my point.  

If....

In the auditor’s report to the last set of accounts they expressed an opinion “that a material uncertainty exists that may cast significant doubt on the company’s ability to continue as a going concern”. 
That same company is encouraging its customers/ supporters to enter into a quasi loan agreement...bargain may not be the correct description. 

Edited by kobayashi

6 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

If....

In the auditor’s report to the last set of accounts they expressed an opinion “that a material uncertainty exists that may cast significant doubt on the company’s ability to continue as a going concern”. 
That same company is encouraging its customers/ supporters to enter into a quasi loan agreement...bargain may not be the correct description. 

That wasn't my point but yeah ok

14 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

If....

did the auditor express in their opinion 'that a material uncertainty exists that may cast significant doubt on the company's ability to continue as a going concern'?

Guest mkowl
2 hours ago, dorian gray said:

did the auditor express in their opinion 'that a material uncertainty exists that may cast significant doubt on the company's ability to continue as a going concern'?

That is fairly standard covering of bottom by auditors for a company that has losses historic and future funded by an owner to the extent that DC does.

In other words whilst the owner says he will fund the club for the foreseeable future the chap may change his mind and that is the warning really. 

But yep I wouldn't be offering to give an unsecured loan to a business with our balance sheet 

9 minutes ago, mkowl said:

That is fairly standard covering of bottom by auditors for a company that has losses historic and future funded by an owner to the extent that DC does.

In other words whilst the owner says he will fund the club for the foreseeable future the chap may change his mind and that is the warning really. 

But yep I wouldn't be offering to give an unsecured loan to a business with our balance sheet 

depends how 'foreseeable' his 'foreseeable' actually is, I guess?

and for that reason, i'm out too.  

Guest mkowl
5 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

depends how 'foreseeable' his 'foreseeable' actually is, I guess?

and for that reason, i'm out too.  

Well from an accounting viewpoint you have to assess 12 months from the date of signing the accounts 

3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Well from an accounting viewpoint you have to assess 12 months from the date of signing the accounts 

right.

I guess from the initial guestimates of dc's wealth when he took over, there's no surprise in that assessment. 

once just before he bought in, whilst considering what i'd spend my multi-rollover euromillions win on (when I won it), I looked at buying us but realised I needed TWO euromillions rollovers to fund it.

Guest mkowl
4 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

right.

I guess from the initial guestimates of dc's wealth when he took over, there's no surprise in that assessment. 

once just before he bought in, whilst considering what i'd spend my multi-rollover euromillions win on (when I won it), I looked at buying us but realised I needed TWO euromillions rollovers to fund it.

The point the auditor is making is that even if the owner is a multi billionaire and can easily afford to there is no guarantee they will keep funding losses ad infinitum. 

Guest Manwithastick
On 29/02/2020 at 19:26, bladeshater said:

Nobody on here would buy a 10 year season ticket they don't go to games they would sooner whinge and whine on here

Aren't you on here?:unsure::huh:

On 29/02/2020 at 19:26, bladeshater said:

Nobody on here would buy a 10 year season ticket they don't go to games they would sooner whinge and whine on here

And every post of yours is a whine about posters whining and not going to games because they post on here!