Has Rooney played at Hillsborough before?

35 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

You totally miss the point it wasn’t me that put him in that bracket 

I thought your point was he’s vastly over-rated and not in same bracket as Ronaldo or Messi.  Totally agree he can’t compare with those two, but not many can. For a while at Man Utd I would have put Rooney on same level as Ronaldo, but he couldn’t sustain that, whilst Ronaldo took his game to a whole new level.  In my opinion Rooney is one of the best English players I’ve seen in almost 50 years watching the game - hope that’s not reflected in his performance this afternoon.

Guest Grez Bez

Great player in his prime, looking forward to having him at Hillsborough but hope he has a stinker :ph34r:

Imagine booing someone who has no link to us, embarrassing.

Clearly my first response got a mixed reaction! If he hadn't played here before he'll certainly want to again, never seen anyone given so much room. Appreciate good players make space but blimey, we looked awe struck. Terrible from our midfield. 

Someone should have lent Shez some boots

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

The booing from Wednesday fans at his early touch was cringe but I wish our players gave him the same amount of disrespect and tried to actually tackle him.

Bannan seemed to me to be embarrassed to be playing against him.

At one point I thought he was going to ask for Wayne's autograph lol

Edited by Geedee
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

Does anyone know if he has.Man Utd and Everton never had a Cup tie here and he started at Everton after we were relegated from the Premier league. Only leaves perhaps Everton reserve games as a kid but think we were in different leagues.

He came to Hillsborough with Everton in a friendly when he broke his ankle.

Hes a dikk and a miserable twohat he refused to sign autographs to fans who stood waiting specifically for him and sang his name as he left the ground. me as a young kid remembers shouting "your a mardy git" he then went to back of the coach turned his back on the fans trying to get a picture through the windows and just ate a sausage roll. Since that day I've always refused to support him even as an England player his arrogance stood out too much. He was a young lad an idol in most kids eyes a rising star and that's how he treat fans. I was not surprised at all when he caused trouble as England player etc and even commented at camera criticising the boo boys publicly. Terrible man who's ridden his fame roo long now for me. 

Today when we was losing three nil all I could think is please dont let that to55er score 

Edited by Lomas613

20 hours ago, torryowl said:

nah just a scally who was good at footy and made a fortune and as the money to do what he wants ….end of the day he's never really hurt anyone except maybe colleen who unsurprisingly seems happy to stick with him rather than go back to the family home  in Toxteth . 

Mate hes got to have something going for him to bag and keep Colleen let's face it would you kiss the child of shrek and fiona I bloody wouldn't. Ahhh hang on hes got money lots of it I'm sure a new car and a shiny new dilllldo put a smile back on her face to forgive him