Can you name the player..

35 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Scored some cracking goals 

and who could forget the goal at Liverpool the “ said we’d be back “ game 

Liverpool supporters actually clapped us off that game 

Just my luck I was at the ‘we’ll be back’ game when we lost 3-0

In the interest of well being Holmowl and I attended our Anfield League cup defeat in the Luxury of one of the very many Wednesday coaches making the journey that night. We sang loudly that we would be back.

In order to maximise our fervour we had a policy that next season of 'Hitch there and blag our way home' So it was on that Varadi/Grobelar day on Merseyside. We planned to walk up to Flouch but as we reached the Stocksbridge bypass we secured a lift I believe to Warrington ( Memory doesn't serve me well) but I believe we then got an immediate lift that dropped us by St Georges Hall, Liverpool. From there a bus up to Anfield with time to spare. The rest is history but we killed ourselves laughing as Grobs decided to add strength to the Liverpool midfield and left his goal unguarded.

What a day we managed to blag a lift off one of the many Wednesday coaches crawling down the East Lank Road.  

18 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

In the interest of well being Holmowl and I attended our Anfield League cup defeat in the Luxury of one of the very many Wednesday coaches making the journey that night. We sang loudly that we would be back.

In order to maximise our fervour we had a policy that next season of 'Hitch there and blag our way home' So it was on that Varadi/Grobelar day on Merseyside. We planned to walk up to Flouch but as we reached the Stocksbridge bypass we secured a lift I believe to Warrington ( Memory doesn't serve me well) but I believe we then got an immediate lift that dropped us by St Georges Hall, Liverpool. From there a bus up to Anfield with time to spare. The rest is history but we killed ourselves laughing as Grobs decided to add strength to the Liverpool midfield and left his goal unguarded.

What a day we managed to blag a lift off one of the many Wednesday coaches crawling down the East Lank Road.  

Hi Nev fabulous day. Loved Varadi rolling that ball 30 yards into the empty net.

But his winning header at Old Trafford right in front of us thousands trumps it, just.