Championship clubs propose £20 million salary cap.

Guest Ferkorf

Absolutely brilliant idea and much needed!

But as stated above only if parachute payment clubs arent exempt.

I would like a cap on how much you can spend on transfers aswell across all leagues

3 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Surely £20 million is too low? While I am in favour of a salary cap, to challenge consistently and be in a good position to go up, surely £50 million is more appropriate?

I should stress this hasn’t been agreed and clubs are due to meet again next month.

Thoughts? 

I personally think the whole system is flawed.

Parachute payments, salary caps and FFP it's all a bag ofshite.

They should scrap the lot and let nature takes its course.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Surely £20 million is too low? While I am in favour of a salary cap, to challenge consistently and be in a good position to go up, surely £50 million is more appropriate?

I should stress this hasn’t been agreed and clubs are due to meet again next month.

Thoughts? 

presume it wont impact clubs relegated from Premier League?

Puts them in a difficult position if their wage bill exceeds £20,000,000 and they have plays on long contracts.

It would just mean clubs getting relegated will more likely bounce straight back as they can have higher wage bills.

2 minutes ago, Eastern said:

Puts them in a difficult position if their wage bill exceeds £20,000,000 and they have plays on long contracts.

It would just mean clubs getting relegated will more likely bounce straight back as they can have higher wage bills.

It should be wrote in all contracts that all wages drop if relegated then do away with stupid parachute payments

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Eastern said:

It will stop teams putting players on long contracts without a relegation clause.

1 minute ago, Eastern said:

This would just make premier League Vs EFL gulf immense and solve nothing, parachute clubs likely exempt and would end up closed shop.

Squad limits is way to go. 

11 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Thoughts? 

The amount shouldn't matter as will affect all clubs the same. 

If there is some exemption for clubs relegated from Premier league then the parachute payments should be used soley to fund any excess and not available for transfers.

5 minutes ago, Brommers said:

The amount shouldn't matter as will affect all clubs the same. 

If there is some exemption for clubs relegated from Premier league then the parachute payments should be used soley to fund any excess and not available for transfers.

If there is any exceptions then rules are just at idiotic at current ones.  

Salary cap should not be a fixed number it should be a fixed % of turnover and parachute payments should be abolished and instead added to money distributed across the EFL.

Then you have a fair system.

There should be a 3 year window to transition into the new rules to allow premier League clubs to arrange contracts around relegation 

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl