Thoughts

What with the amount of players out of contract in the summer and whispers of players in negotiations for contracts, some of these players (I'm not naming anyone) upping their performances recently its it inconceivable a late play off burst is on the cards? On the back of players trying to earn new contracts

3 minutes ago, Simon78 said:

What with the amount of players out of contract in the summer and whispers of players in negotiations for contracts, some of these players (I'm not naming anyone) upping their performances recently its it inconceivable a late play off burst is on the cards? On the back of players trying to earn new contracts

You have a strange idea what upping their performance levels means after the last ten games or so.   

Is it inconceivable that you are trying make mischief?

Edited by Inspector Lestrade

Guest Grez Bez

Never understood this 'playing for a contract' thing.

Anyone who plays football plays to the best of their ability, especially when it's your job.

23 minutes ago, Simon78 said:

What with the amount of players out of contract in the summer and whispers of players in negotiations for contracts, some of these players (Forestieri) upping their performances recently its it inconceivable a late play off burst is on the cards? On the back of players trying to earn new contracts

Fixed it for you.

lol

32 minutes ago, ANDY said:

My thoughts are that they knew they were out of contract soon when we played Blackburn etc etc

I agree mate. I think Monk has told them they arnt getting a new deal , hence the performances since, the downing of tools basically.  

9 minutes ago, MaliceInBlunderland said:

Any player who only ups their performance near contact renewal time is a player I'd rather not have at the club. 

Personally would rather have players who give 100% ALL of the time, even if they are slightly less able ability wise.  

JJ was the master of this. World beater in the last three months of the season when he was out of contract. Got new deal ,then shybo again till he was playing for another. 

31 minutes ago, Grez Bez said:

Anyone who plays football plays to the best of their ability, especially when it's your job.

They do if you sign players of the right character.  Whilst I’ve often questioned the ability of some of our players, I think most are honest enough - am I being naive?

10 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I agree mate. I think Monk has told them they arnt getting a new deal , hence the performances since, the downing of tools basically.  

So why are most players responsible for recent performances not out of contract in the summer?  The ‘out of contract’ players involved last night probably had the biggest impact on the game.

1 hour ago, Grez Bez said:

Very true. Regardless of if they are to stay here, they will want to impress other managers to ensure they get a good move in the summer. They are playing for their future wether it’s here or elsewhere. 

5 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

It’s simple. Give everyone a contract just for the next match. Then they’re always going to play well to get the next one match contract. Then we win the league.

Its easy this football lark. Move on!

Could we do this but every 45 minutes?

Our first halves are abject.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Haha 2