Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

What’s his best position when on the pitch? 


Anywhere when the U23s are on there

 

Dogger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s on a par with Stevie May

 

just like May never seemed to be able to strike a ball cleanly and his shots would bobble harmlessly wide or in to the arms of the keeper, Da Cruz doesn’t seem to be able to run with the ball without it bobbling and him struggling to keep control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone looked poor during our bad run, deserves a chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Away from us at the end of the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know his best position, or where he should play. I still struggle to know where Reach plays and we have had him years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Away from us at the end of the season

Really that's a bonus for all of your fans on here lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Ian said:

He’s on a par with Stevie May

 

just like May never seemed to be able to strike a ball cleanly and his shots would bobble harmlessly wide or in to the arms of the keeper, Da Cruz doesn’t seem to be able to run with the ball without it bobbling and him struggling to keep control.

Forestieri also seems to have contracted Stevie May syndrome.

 

That or FlickItWithTheOutsideOfTheBootitus.

Edited by pazowl55

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think his best position would be right wing, it'll take him some time to come to terms with the fast closing down in the Champ, on the wing he'll be afforded a bit more time and space.

 

He looks like he's got something, not entirely sure what yet, but he's been okay.

Edited by Weshallovercome
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

What’s his best position when on the pitch? 

Bench? Not sure. He’s talented but doesn’t seem to have one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mixed bag of opinions in this thread. 

 

I think he’ll do a job - needs time to settle - link up with other players etc... I could see us signing him if Fletch, FF and Nuhiu were to leave 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ian said:

He’s on a par with Stevie May

 

just like May never seemed to be able to strike a ball cleanly and his shots would bobble harmlessly wide or in to the arms of the keeper, Da Cruz doesn’t seem to be able to run with the ball without it bobbling and him struggling to keep control.


Stevie May has bagged 4 in his last 6 games for St Johnstone. Scored the equaliser against Rangers on Sunday.

 

Da Cruz looks short of that level to me. Strange signing and we’ve put in two much improved performances since he’s come out of the team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strikes me he has urgency, pace and massive desire.

 

Is he any good? Not a clue yet. But not ready to write him off.

 

As for his position, not a Scooby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was a strange choice when weve sacked off an experienced keeper and a CM,and struggled  all season with 3 poor Central defenders,so were Wickham and Windass when FF was comming back and we had 3 other options when most of the time we play one striker,we had two wing options already.

Hes certainly no FF,hes MILES off that standard,if theres nowt better in the U23s we must be struggling at youth level

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, legendaryswan said:

He was a strange choice when weve sacked off an experienced keeper and a CM,and struggled  all season with 3 poor Central defenders,so were Wickham and Windass when FF was comming back and we had 3 other options when most of the time we play one striker,we had two wing options already.

Hes certainly no FF,hes MILES off that standard,if theres nowt better in the U23s we must be struggling at youth level


Early days mate.

 

I remember watching this Portuguese lad Man U signed. Did these new fangled step over things and little end product and I thought “Who is this feckin Ronaldo tossspott?” 
 

The lads got desire to the point of anger. Worth a go.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Holmowl said:


Early days mate.

 

I remember watching this Portuguese lad Man U signed. Did these new fangled step over things and little end product and I thought “Who is this feckin Ronaldo tossspott?” 
 

The lads got desire to the point of anger. Worth a go.

Course it is,had it been early season...............its asking a lot when the seasons halfway through to give an impact to a side thats on its backside and has 15 goals at home,I just feel the side has other issues,too may to list in reality,but the glaring ones werent a winger or striker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, legendaryswan said:

Course it is,had it been early season...............its asking a lot when the seasons halfway through to give an impact to a side thats on its backside and has 15 goals at home,I just feel the side has other issues,too may to list in reality,but the glaring ones werent a winger or striker


Take your point completely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leave him alone, he's amazing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Needs time to settle in

Thank god it's only march then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Holmowl said:


Early days mate.

 

I remember watching this Portuguese lad Man U signed. Did these new fangled step over things and little end product and I thought “Who is this feckin Ronaldo tossspott?” 
 

The lads got desire to the point of anger. Worth a go.

Worth a go, but first impressions are not great from where I’m standing.  I take your point about Ronaldo, but he was 18 at the time and playing in the Premier League.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...