Murphy

I actually really like him. Which back in October/November I couldn’t work out how anyone had paid money for him. 

Much better player than Harris. Maybe lacks a bit on the physical side. But a run in the team has shown he’s a much better player than the one we saw pre-Christmas. 

I think Vulva said in another thread, he's a modern day footballer - athletic, quick - what coaches look for in kids. 

For me, if he plays in the right side of midfield in a 4, he needs to be able to come inside and compete for the ball; track back and help the defence out, as well as get down the wing - a sort of John Harkes.

He doesn't this, and I think it's because he's not a wide-right midfielder - rather a wide man in a front 3 or fast small player in a front two combo.

30 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Had a good game last night.

Was one of our more dangerous outlets and was putting the ball into the right area (the box) more often than most.

Just need a bit more consistency.

A bit left field but i gave him MOM last night.

Always trying to take the team forward, i got excited every time he was on the ball...REALLY EXCITED

1 hour ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

I really think he deserves his own thread and own credit.

Since Monk has come in weve started to see a different player in Murphy. I've been really impressed with him lately 

After starting brightly against Barnsley he faded and offered little up to the new year. He's played well recently even when overall team performances have been substandard. So given that Monk has been here since September I'm not sure that it's all down to him!

Did well last night, skinned his man a couple of times and a little better quality on the cross, or luck, or more from the forwards and we may have got more reward.

Harris by comparison did not get a look in first half, full back had him in his pocket.  Second half to be fair started really well and was looking good before being taken off.  Need em both on song to feed Fletch in  the upcoming games and happy days

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"