This Man City protest/can't be arsed stuff

10 hours ago, Miffed said:

City put 9 past Burton last year in the league cup and are capable of doing similar to us. But so what? You turn up, make some noise, back the players and see what happens. Its a chance for some of our younger supporters to experience a packed Hillsborough and the fans making some noise against one of the Premier League big boys.

Ive seen us getting beaten before and the fans still signing. I remember the Pompey fans getting beaten against Arsenal on TV and their fans making a right racket.

Why not remind the new breed of City fans just the kind of support that their team used to make not so long again

If we can enjoy it just like away at Chelsea then it's all good. We scored and you couldn't even hear the home support cheering as we were singing that much - we knew it was going to be difficult after they scored but it was still a great night.

21 hours ago, Albertowl said:

*Warning - this might be construed as happy clapping, but

C'mon on fellas, enough's enough, come the night no one will remember who came out and made big noises about protesting against DC, preferring to watch it in the pub and general apathy, so time to get your tickets bought and get down to Hillsborough and enjoy what will be a top night watching one of the best sides in world football....Jeeez how many opportunities like this do we get these days?

Last night saw us play some decent football all night, ok we were only playing Charlton, but every player gave it a go and on another night and with a bit more confidence we might have scored a hatful. Another decent performance on Sat'day and do you know what we might even give City a game.....why would you not want to be there for that??

Big nights at Hillsborough are few and far between these days, but when they happen they tend to stay long in the memory; Liverpool in the cup back in the 80's, Blades in the Simod Cup, Kaiserslautern, Arsenal, Brighton, ...yeah ok despite staying long in the memory, i can't think of any more :blink: (and that's sort of my point)

I couldn't think of anything more frustrating than Wednesday turning in a performance next week and not being there to see it, infact i did miss the aforementioned Brighton game due to work commitments and still feel pi**ed off about it even now - Just hate to think that any of you will feel the same after next week :angry::angry:

IF we can get Hillsborough rocking again next week, i have a sneeking feeling we can turn them over and then who next, Liverpool, United? Will we still have "stay away protesters" then?

C'mon!!!!

Turn them over........

Hhhmmm. 

If people don't want to go that's their choice and I don't have a problem with that. The only thing that makes me laugh is we say our scruffy neighbours are only selling out because they are doing well in the Premier League, then in the next breath I'm not going because..

Lets be honest, that's football. You have supporters that will go however bad and whatever division and you have supporters that drift in and out depending on success.  Every club is the same.

22 hours ago, scilly owl said:

What’s the boycott in aid of again... I’ve forgotten.

As a Wednesdayite I will never listen to anyone telling me which games I should or shouldn’t attend... I’m 63 and grumpy, I’ll go where and when I fu•kin like.

erm that we get absolutely ripped off constantly by our owner for not much return

£25 for season ticket holders when it's on BBC is £10-£15 too much

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, George said:

Wednesday fans have never turned up when it is on free tele. 

No matter how big the game.

The people calling for a boycott know this. They will claim its a boycott but they will know that is utter codswollop.

W

4 hours ago, Geedee said:

I dont go many games any more but I try to go to big or unusual games.

This falls into this category , I will be there in the sacred north stand.

I am amazed those who go regularly to run of the mill games would consider missing it.

Hull Cardiff Reading etc

Were pretty unusual mate lol

Edited by asteener1867

50 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

erm that we get absolutely ripped off constantly by our owner for not much return

£25 for season ticket holders when it's on BBC is £10-£15 too much

“ return” is subjective. If we were talking about financial investment in stocks and shares then I might boycott further investment but we are talking about emotional investment in the club that we love and for me that is ( almost) unconditional.

So, I reiterate, anyone who thinks that they can persuade me not to attend Wednesday fixtures because we are not in the top six can pizz off.

On 27/02/2020 at 10:36, Albertowl said:

*Warning - this might be construed as happy clapping, but

C'mon on fellas, enough's enough, come the night no one will remember who came out and made big noises about protesting against DC, preferring to watch it in the pub and general apathy, so time to get your tickets bought and get down to Hillsborough and enjoy what will be a top night watching one of the best sides in world football....Jeeez how many opportunities like this do we get these days?

Last night saw us play some decent football all night, ok we were only playing Charlton, but every player gave it a go and on another night and with a bit more confidence we might have scored a hatful. Another decent performance on Sat'day and do you know what we might even give City a game.....why would you not want to be there for that??

Big nights at Hillsborough are few and far between these days, but when they happen they tend to stay long in the memory; Liverpool in the cup back in the 80's, Blades in the Simod Cup, Kaiserslautern, Arsenal, Brighton, ...yeah ok despite staying long in the memory, i can't think of any more :blink: (and that's sort of my point)

I couldn't think of anything more frustrating than Wednesday turning in a performance next week and not being there to see it, infact i did miss the aforementioned Brighton game due to work commitments and still feel pi**ed off about it even now - Just hate to think that any of you will feel the same after next week :angry::angry:

IF we can get Hillsborough rocking again next week, i have a sneeking feeling we can turn them over and then who next, Liverpool, United? Will we still have "stay away protesters" then?

C'mon!!!!

WELL SAID 👊

Owlstalk Shop