This Man City protest/can't be arsed stuff

City put 9 past Burton last year in the league cup and are capable of doing similar to us. But so what? You turn up, make some noise, back the players and see what happens. Its a chance for some of our younger supporters to experience a packed Hillsborough and the fans making some noise against one of the Premier League big boys.

Ive seen us getting beaten before and the fans still signing. I remember the Pompey fans getting beaten against Arsenal on TV and their fans making a right racket.

Why not remind the new breed of City fans just the kind of support that their team used to make not so long again

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Willow Owl
33 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

What’s the boycott in aid of again... I’ve forgotten.

As a Wednesdayite I will never listen to anyone telling me which games I should or shouldn’t attend... I’m 63 and grumpy, I’ll go where and when I fu•kin like.

Amen to that brother 

It’s just people not wanting to go isn’t it- for whatever reason?  Something they’re perfectly entitled to do.

Football is one of the few industries where, when clubs get things wrong - be it prices or something else - it’s fans that get the blame for not shelling out. It’s the marketing team’s job to get people in. Full stop. It’s not the fans’ fault if they’re not tempted to fork out £25 or £30. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, George said:

Wednesday fans have never turned up when it is on free tele. 

No matter how big the game.

The people calling for a boycott know this. They will claim its a boycott but they will know that is utter codswollop.

False

46 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

It's a free country you do as you wish with your money.  It does stick in the craw though when you hear fans seemingly gloating about not going.   

If it wasn't on the telly i'm confident the gate would be up and around 25000.

TBH don't give a stuff if some want to boycott for whatever made up reason they have, just stay away then, I don't care. What does become tedious is they want to tell us they are not going for whatever reason and call it a boycott. Fine don't care, just like don't care if you shop at Tesco or Asda.

All I know is I'll be there as what I have done for years. Be interesting if these same fans would be then be the ones complaining that if by some miracle we get to a final they don't have enough points for tickets....Guess they would boycott that though.

5 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

TBH don't give a stuff if some want to boycott for whatever made up reason they have, just stay away then, I don't care. What does become tedious is they want to tell us they are not going for whatever reason and call it a boycott. Fine don't care, just like don't care if you shop at Tesco or Asda.

All I know is I'll be there as what I have done for years. Be interesting if these same fans would be then be the ones complaining that if by some miracle we get to a final they don't have enough points for tickets....Guess they would boycott that though.

Well said 100% agree.

Look at me, Look at me wannabes 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, George said:

Wednesday fans have never turned up when it is on free tele. 

No matter how big the game.

The people calling for a boycott know this. They will claim its a boycott but they will know that is utter codswollop.

Weren't we on BBC live when we played Crystal Palace on last day of season and got relegated? 

Game was sold out.