Remaining Games

2 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

So what can we look to achieve from the remaining games in the run in - if we can keep the tempo up from last night and our squad remains fit

Derby - W

Brentford - L

Forest - D

Bristol - W

West Brom - L

Swansea - D

Preston - W

QPR - W

Hudds - W

Fulham - L

Middlesborough - W

6 wins, 3 losses, 2 draws for me - finishing on 64 points. Can’t see us catching that 5th or 6th place now - the odds are stacked against us and would need a dreadful run from Brentford, Preston and Bristol - can’t see it happening, would make a nice change to finish the season as strong as we can.

You have us losing to those teams who are having a bad tun of form of late? Preston slightly better of those mentioned but all easily beatable at our best!

57 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Gibson is a crying baby, pass it on.

So its Gibson's fault we have spaffed millions we weren't allowed to spend, its Gibson's fault we are being propped up by companies that don't even exist, its Gibson's fault that we have had to rely on a dodgy ground sale and fudge accounts to come back in line with the laws of the EFL, hmmmm no it's not is it.

Gibson maybe a lot of things but he isn't at fault for our shortcomings, that sadly stops with our illustrious owner, pass it on.

Edited by Blue and white

If the confidence returns, we are capable of beating the play-off contenders - no question about that. 

The target should be to finish as high as possible and get the points-insurance should we get any deductions before the end of the season.

A good finish to the season would also make us attractive to any potential transfer target - we'll be looking at quite a few in the spring so a confident and success team/club could sway some decisions.

2 hours ago, robowl4life said:

Add to that a points deduction... :sad:

I think @TodwickOwl already has applied a points deduction because 6 wins, 2 draws is 20 points which would give us 68 points in total.

It would take more than that though to get to the playoffs. We had 74 points in 15/16 but is it 70 points the lowest amount a team has had to finish in the playoffs? We would need it to be that again this season and do slightly better than what Todwick expects, although Preston in 6th are currently heading for about 74 points. Bristol City in 7th currently heading for 70 points.

It is funny how one win in the last minute against poor opposition makes us all look at this again, although it happened last year after beating Ipswich in the last minute and that was definitely on until the Villa match. However, we need to look at the Derby match only. Except I can't! Because if we beat Derby and then beat Brentford we would be at most 5 points outside the playoffs. If results went our way it could be less than this.

We just need to put those W's together now though!

Trying to predict results in this league is a waste of time... we’ve beat 4 of the current top 7 and we’ve also lost to 3 of the current bottom 5.

6 wins out of last 11 looks quite optimistic to me but if Fletcher and Forestieri stay fit (and Joey P doesn’t start too many) I think we’ll win quite a few

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

So its Gibson's fault we have spaffed millions we weren't allowed to spend, its Gibson's fault we are being propped up by companies that don't even exist, its Gibson's fault that we have had to rely on a dodgy ground sale and fudge accounts to come back in line with the laws of the EFL, hmmmm no it's not is it.

Gibson maybe a lot of things but he isn't at fault for our shortcomings, that sadly stops with our illustrious owner, pass it on.

You are quite correct, but Gibson is like one of those annoying players chasing the ref around waving an imaginary card trying his best to get someone sent off. If it's a bad foul let the referee deal with it.

9 minutes ago, Beany71 said:

You are quite correct, but Gibson is like one of those annoying players chasing the ref around waving an imaginary card trying his best to get someone sent off. If it's a bad foul let the referee deal with it.

I'm not defending Gibson in anyway but if it wasn't him it would be someone else.

With the amount of money at stake it literally is dog eat dog, if the shoe was on the other foot I'm sure we'd be making the same noises, I'd be disappointed if we weren't.

5 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

So what can we look to achieve from the remaining games in the run in - if we can keep the tempo up from last night and our squad remains fit

Derby - W

Brentford - L

Forest - D

Bristol - W

West Brom - L

Swansea - D

Preston - W

QPR - W

Hudds - W

Fulham - L

Middlesborough - W

6 wins, 3 losses, 2 draws for me - finishing on 64 points. Can’t see us catching that 5th or 6th place now - the odds are stacked against us and would need a dreadful run from Brentford, Preston and Bristol - can’t see it happening, would make a nice change to finish the season as strong as we can.

6 wins and two draws would be 68 points and is where we should be aiming.

That would probably be 4-6 points short of play offs.

There is still a chance as Brentford are in middle of a slump in form and we could nick a win there, also don't see why can't beat Forrest at home.

If you look ok at most of teams between 5th and 12th they all seem to still have plenty of games against each other so any club is and above can get in there with a good run

Basically have to win our 6 home games and nick two away wins out of 5

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Promotion. At the current rate Preston will finish on 74 points so we need 26 more points minimum. That's 9 wins, or 8 wins and 2 draws from 12 games.

Draw your own conclusions. 

I would take a good bet that Preston do not reach 74 points with their remaining fixtures.

Can't see them getting more than 71, Brentford depends non how long their current slump lasts for... 

This division is always fluctuating with teams going on streaks good and bad

23 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

I would take a good bet that Preston do not reach 74 points with their remaining fixtures.

Can't see them getting more than 71, Brentford depends non how long their current slump lasts for... 

This division is always fluctuating with teams going on streaks good and bad

I agree things can change from week to week but the chances are still slim. All we can do is win the next game and see what happens.

There's still the EFL problem to be sorted.

Forget the play off for me we are 11 points above the bottom 3 we need to get that gap up to 15 points + because we will lose the EFL charge, then we will get new charge for breaking the losses limits at which point we could get a points deduction between 9 and 21 points.

Let hope the EFL realise that they allow DC to fudge the accounts and the date of the selling of the stadium in the financial figures and lets hope any points deduction does not put us in the bottom 3, because, 2 wins from 12 is relegation form and the teams down there Wigan, Luton, Barnsley are all on good mini runs of picking points up.