Just now, pazowl55 said:

We talking Forestieri or Rhodes now.

lol

Good question.

So, you choose.

Forestieri-Fletcher. Team scores every 90+ minutes.

Rhodes-Fletcher. Team scores every 34 minutes.

and, the bonus ball....we get FF on the pitch in his best position by miles and miles.

Doh

10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

“Stats”?

They are called results.

His last 22 starts we have won ONCE while he stayed on the field. Explain to me how he makes us a better team? 

Stats can be twisted. I’d be interested to see what those 22 games are. Does Norwich away last year count as a win because we were 2-1 up when he came off? And do you have his win ratio from the first two years?

We’ve struggled to score goals at home all season but we look more like scoring when he is playing

Just now, Holmowl said:

Good question.

So, you choose.

and, the bonus ball....we get FF on the pitch in his best position by miles and miles.

Doh

More factors involved in it then just that. 

Personally I would have neither him or Rhodes in the team. But if Forestieri plays then it has to be far away from Bannan as they both wanna be playmaker and they cant. they just slow the game down all the time. Players like Fletcher and lee even Reach quicken it up.

10 minutes ago, smhouston said:

:unsure: Unbelievable. Haven't a clue what game you was watching!

Played very well tonight, only his shooting let him down. Score 1 or 2 of those chances and he would have been walking away with MOM by a mile. We complain not enough of our players shoot given chance, so whilst I begrudge him a little for not playing others in, I'd much rather someone have the confidence to try take chances!

I was watching the same game as you  …...and I agree if he had scored 1 or 2 of the good chances he missed he'd have  got the MOM  ...he didn't so he didn't …..would you have been so complimentary if nuhiu had missed those chances ?...….nuhiu influenced the result far more than FF  did 

12 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

What do you like about a striker who has played for us for 5 seasons averaging one team goal every 90 odd minutes?

I think you’re doing him a bit of a disservice off the ball.

his work rate and pressing kept us up the pitch a lot tonight also.

Edited by ka58

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I was watching the same game as you  …...and I agree if he had scored 1 or 2 of the good chances he missed he'd have  got the MOM  ...he didn't so he didn't …..would you have been so complimentary if nuhiu had missed those chances ?...….nuhiu influenced the result far more than FF  did 

So did Kieran Lee but because he didnt test the keeper his performance is nul and void. ( Apply same rules to Pelupessy )

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Good question.

So, you choose.

Doh

There’s a good example of twisting stats. What’s the sample size for the Rhodes-Fletcher partnership?

If you think we look like scoring more goals at Hillsborough with Rhodes instead of Forestieri you see the game differently to me.

Forestieri offers a lot more, always shows for the ball, presses and works. And on the left hand side he’s a focal point of most attacks when he’s on the field. When Rhodes doesn’t score he is virtually non existent

Just now, torryowl said:

most skilful  certainly …...best player ...never in a million years 

Name me a better player ? Arguably fletcher... even the players said it the other day. Shame he’s had the injuries, I for one will be gutted if he does not get a new contract 

1 minute ago, S W F C said:

Name me a better player ? Arguably fletcher... even the players said it the other day. Shame he’s had the injuries, I for one will be gutted if he does not get a new contract 

Problem is best player is not necessarily the most effective.

15 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Just play Nando anywhere. 

Given game time he will come good. 

He had a big hug with monk when he got to the dugout after being subbed. He actually went to monk. 

Nando is back. 

From The Chairman of the Forestieri Appreciation Society

Plus, look at his reaction in the goal celebrations.