Steven fletcher

All the players seemed to perk up when he came on. 

It was almost like we had a hope of scoring. Which is good because the other 5 strikers we tried tonight couldn't instill the same confidence.

He is vital to us.

Also, his hair is looking excellent. Bald patch almost eradicated. The ground staff he has employed for that deserve a commendation.

• Haha 6

Back in December we play Forest and win 4-0. Since then Fletcher’s missed probably 10 or 11 of the next 13 or 14 games and we’ve dropped off a cliff. We’ll look back at this period as the one that cost us a successful or stress free season. The other strikers we have just aren’t good enough though we may wonder what might’ve happened with Rhodes had Fletcher had stayed fit? Typical Wednesday situation TBH :sad:

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Brilliant to have him back. Be great for everyone if he can stay fit until the end of the season and earn a new contract. Personally still hope only Fox and Fletcher get new contracts. Fact is the rest over their current contracts just don’t deserve one imo. If Fletcher stays fit I would love him to smash the 20 goal mark. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

26 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

All the players seemed to perk up when he came on. 

It was almost like we had a hope of scoring. Which is good because the other 5 strikers we tried tonight couldn't instill the same confidence.

He is vital to us.

Also, his hair is looking excellent. Bald patch almost eradicated. The ground staff he has employed for that deserve a commendation.

We were all saying the same on the south. Surgeon has done a top job on that. 

12 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Garry Monk one of the best managers he’s played under.

Surprisingly very little reaction on here to those comments .

Probably worthy of a thread of its own 

There is a temptation to say "well he would say that, wouldn't he?", but I think he was probably sincere.

I really like Fletch. He has heart and raises the entire teams confidence. I thought their big striker who hit the bar had a similar air about him. Obviously I’m preaching to the converted but I just galls me him many years we have known how much better Wednesday play with a top striker on board. We spend so much time trying to sort the rest of the team but you see the difference when someone like Fletch steps on the pitch. Without him we’re a different team. 

Edited by BigOwl

4 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

There is a temptation to say "well he would say that, wouldn't he?", but I think he was probably sincere.

Yes I guess you’re right but with him being the man of the moment I didn’t think so many would say that.

Maybe it’s some of us having already decided he’s a dead man walking as manager and can’t accept any other than that ?

• Like 1