A12owl

Fletcher and Forestieri

They have to start on Saturday. 

If they could get a regular partnership it could be the best we've got. 

Reaction shown on sky with the subs and staff showed what it meant to everybody. 

Sky said our hopes of top 6 still alive. 

With Fletch and Nando they could be right. 

From The Chairman of the Forestieri Appreciation Society

• Like 1

No thanks. A tried and failed partnership.

Hes never a central striker while he’s got a hole in his arris.

Starts for me, but wide left in place of Harris.?

• Thanks 1

If Fletcher is fit enough to start the game he simply has to start. He’s a massive player for us. FF has to start also either upfront or on the left. He was very good today imo. 

I’d start Fessi and Murphy wide, with Wickham and Fletch up top, if all are completely fit. Wickham just hasn’t done it yet, but we know he has the abilities so with Fletch alongside we may see it develop and moreover the attack improves purely because Fletch is playing. Wickham was another who celebrated wildly with Fletch so I’m hoping his heart is still in it. That still gives us Da Cruz and Dave to bring on up front,  possibly Harris and Windass. 

Give fessi regular game time and he will come good. 

Is he better than

Wickham 

Nuhiu

Winnall

He's on a completely different planet to those.

• Like 3

I’d like us to sign that Lyle Taylor in the summer. Didn’t have lots to feed off tonight but could tell he’s got a bit of quality about him. 29 and will be a decent free for someone in the summer and doubt wages are massive. Could be the ideal partner for Fletcher. 

Fletch is crucial to how we play.

Just brings energy and quality. He is the one guy who can take those Hollywood balls from the midfield and fashion something out of it.

I'd be starting Nando too. Played well in these last two games.

Edited by SiJ

Realistically this is the team going forward that I think will give us the best balance. Bring the best out of all the players and give us the best chance of success.

Dawson 

Palmer   Lees    Borner   Fox 

Murphy   Bannan  Luongo   Reach 

Fletcher     Forestieri 

I'm with Holmy, FF hogs the ball too much when central, we've been more effective with him out left.

Ideally, we need to go 4-3-3/4-5-1.

The best partnership according to the stats is Fletcher and Rhodes, I for one would be more than happy with this and Nando on the left wing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Scraped a victory for the first time in weeks and play offs are back on :duntmatter::duntmatter:. 3 points closer to safety after a much needs win is the reality 

• Thanks 2

Fletcher is bloody good isn’t he. 

Never understood when he was labelled as one of our ‘bad business’ etc. 

Came back with the energy of a 25 year old last night. 

I love Fletcher, that is all.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, james o connor said:

Scraped a victory for the first time in weeks and play offs are back on :duntmatter::duntmatter:. 3 points closer to safety after a much needs win is the reality 

I’m normally a touch more optimistic than JOC but remain burned by the relegation in 1990 - lost 7 out of last 8. This team needs to stay sober and remember it has to earn every point and play to the last minute in this division. 

6 hours ago, james o connor said:

Why not just enjoy the win and let people mention play offs? I dont think we will make it but why snide about it. Better than being a try hard on a forum

Did you even go or watch it as we did a lot more than scrape it. 

9 hours ago, Holmowl said:

No thanks. A tried and failed partnership.

Hes never a central striker while he’s got a hole in his arris.

Starts for me, but wide left in place of Harris.?

Forestieri up front is the very least of our problems.

26 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Why not just enjoy the win and let people mention play offs? I dont think we will make it but why snide about it. Better than being a try hard on a forum

Did you even go or watch it as we did a lot more than scrape it. 

People can believe what they want , but obviously we will be nowhere near the play offs . 

no I didn’t watch it and so yeah I can’t give the most accurate of reflections . Happy with the result either way ,  it we are still in a relegation fight and not a play off hunt 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

I’m normally a touch more optimistic than JOC but remain burned by the relegation in 1990 - lost 7 out of last 8. This team needs to stay sober and remember it has to earn every point and play to the last minute in this division. 

The desire and celebrations for the goal were refreshing as I’d came to the conclusion the players didn’t care . I thought we were sleep walking to relegation. Having fox and fletcher back gives me more optimism we can see the job through 

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

The desire and celebrations for the goal were refreshing as I’d came to the conclusion the players didn’t care . I thought we were sleep walking to relegation. Having fox and fletcher back gives me more optimism we can see the job through 

Reach and Luongo will make a difference aswell. 

11 hours ago, A12owl said:

Give fessi regular game time and he will come good. 

Is he better than

Wickham 

Nuhiu

Winnall

He's on a completely different planet to those.

As a striker he’s not as good as any of them mate. It looks pretty and exciting, but it simply doesn’t work. (my Definition of work - scoring goals and winning points).

The question should be, is he better than Murphy or Harris? Now you’re talking.

Let’s see the next 11 games with Forestieri left or right with Fletcher and a proper strike partner up the middle.