Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

4 mins added on after all that and including 6 subs was scandalous 

 

 

This is spot on BIG D, but I'm feckin ecstatic that he hadn't added on 8 minutes. Don't think I could have lasted for three minutes with just a 1 goal lead, FFS.  lol 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BIG D said:

4 mins added on after all that and including 6 subs was scandalous 

 

Spot on, before the board came up I was counting 3 mins for the subs,a bit of time for injuries and stoppages, plus the time wasting so thought 5+ and expected 6.  Glad it was only 4 in the end. Another loud shout for Fletchers get back at yer time wasting at the end, laughed my socks off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Striggy said:

 

Spot on, before the board came up I was counting 3 mins for the subs,a bit of time for injuries and stoppages, plus the time wasting so thought 5+ and expected 6.  Glad it was only 4 in the end. Another loud shout for Fletchers get back at yer time wasting at the end, laughed my socks off.

Absolutely the thing to do , Bowyer got real pelters from the south stand ( Werthers as well:rolleyes:) for complaining loudly to the 4th official . Somebody shouted that Keiran Dyer was waitng for him outside :biggrin:.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

Cannot beat a bit of cheeky time wasting

 

Only with a cheeky bit of late goal scoring lol

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Thought overall Wednesday deserved to win but more then 1-0.
Probably wasn't a free kick that brought the goal but you can say that about plenty of free kicks in all games these days.
Whether it was a free kick or not just make sure you defend it properly would be my answer to Lee Bowyer.

IMO he was trying to deflect attention from his side's negative performance that ended in them getting what they deserved, nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had Charlton been interested in anything other than a 0-0 draw, you'd have thought they would have used Aiden McGeady up front to supply Taylor even if only for the last 30 minutes or so. Most negative team seen this season IMO, as emphasized with their time wasting tactics. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not forgetting their player going down 'injured' at the start of stopage time and using up virtually the full first minute. I was screaming at the TV for the ref to add on another minute to make up for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The ref used his common sense and rightly so, Charlton had been slowing the game down and time wasting for all the second half, the referee could have let the game run another couple of minutes but when Wednesday scored probably thought serves em right, not adding more time on when it was them wasting it in the first place. This should be done more often. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gizowl said:

The ref used his common sense and rightly so, Charlton had been slowing the game down and time wasting for all the second half, the referee could have let the game run another couple of minutes but when Wednesday scored probably thought serves em right, not adding more time on when it was them wasting it in the first place. This should be done more often. 

 

He should've ended the game after we scored by rights, but he still played on for a bit longer after that. I think he added a bit extra on for our celebrations which he shouldn't have really as it was after the allotted time anyway.

 

Sure the ref smirked when Fletcher was taking the wee wee out of their time wasting though lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

IMO he was trying to deflect attention from his side's negative performance that ended in them getting what they deserved, nothing.

Agree, new owners with money to spend, will they trust Bowyer with their money? Not looking good for him, sure he will get another gig somewhere like Accrington or Torquay. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

With regard to time-wasting, I totally disagree with it, however, we should not be too cocky. Our much respected goalie, Westwood, is amongst the worst offenders of this, our throw-ins take an eternity, and our goal-celebrations, when we score, seem to take an eternity, so we are not exactly 'pure as driven snow'.

Having been housebound recently, I have had to resort to watching Six-nations and Championship R.Union and have noticed several points that could be easily applied into soccer. The first is the call from the Referee at scrums - 'use it or lose it'. The second is the use of the  video Ref, who is used ONLY as an assistance to the Ref, who will call for the VR only to confirm /deny his own decision. The third is the substitution of players, which must be done whilst the game continues, and finally the continuation of play for treatment of minor injuries.

Many of these laws , or versions of them, could be introduced into soccer to its improvement.              

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

With regard to time-wasting, I totally disagree with it, however, we should not be too cocky. Our much respected goalie, Westwood, is amongst the worst offenders of this, our throw-ins take an eternity, and our goal-celebrations, when we score, seem to take an eternity, so we are not exactly 'pure as driven snow'.

Having been housebound recently, I have had to resort to watching Six-nations and Championship R.Union and have noticed several points that could be easily applied into soccer. The first is the call from the Referee at scrums - 'use it or lose it'. The second is the use of the  video Ref, who is used ONLY as an assistance to the Ref, who will call for the VR only to confirm /deny his own decision. The third is the substitution of players, which must be done whilst the game continues, and finally the continuation of play for treatment of minor injuries.

Many of these laws , or versions of them, could be introduced into soccer to its improvement.              

 

Trouble is Westwood wastes time when we re losing lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Still have to pay, £5 per minute now, sometimes cost me £2.50 but only on a good day.

 

I've got a £1 coin burning a hole in my pocket,  what's her address?

Link to post
Share on other sites

While I get that their target is to survive in the league for them this year (apparently), I just don't understand the idea.  You're going away to a team bang out of form and haven't scored a goal at home this year.  Surely you've got to be thinking you could get three points out of the game, not play for nil-nil.

Edited by Himble
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/02/2020 at 22:20, David Somni Jennings said:

Professional games should be set to 60 minutes, 30 minutes each way and the clock stops any time the game stops. Then there is no incentive for teams to turn up and basically kill what little entertainment the paying public get from a game

 

Then how long before Sky TV have it changed to an NFL type 4 fifteen minute quarters to enable an extra 2 advertisement slots?

 

Not for me, Surely its upto the EPL/EFL to instruct the referees to take action against the blatant time wasters, an immediate yellow card

for the first offence should be enough to stamp it out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...