Time wasting and shithousery

My thought exactly.

When Fletcher scored he might have been soaking in the bath if the ref had not allowed play to go beyond the time allotted by the fourth official.

Do they still have the communal batch these days.?....perhaps not.

They wasted time from the first minute. Every time the ball went out they messed around with it. Kicked it away from ball boys, left it for someone else or just dithered. Every free kick the ball was kicked away. Keeper took an age over everything. So glad the ref added time on to the added time cos personally I thought 4 minutes wasn't even close to the time they wasted. 

Someone mentioned them being like this back when they were our nemesis. Mind the gap season they came to us top of the league. They scored a free kick to go 1 up then wasted more time than I've ever seen in a game. I believe their keeper had the ball in his possession/out of play behind his net for over 20 minutes. Someone watched the game back and timed it. He was horrendous and the ref let him do it. 

Last night both teams got what they deserved. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Bulgaria

Charlton are just one of those teams that annoy you.

On the face of it they should be given kudo's for what they have achieved recently but....

ballex to em.

TBF many Charlton fans are very critical of their team's negativity and time wasting tactics that appear to be the norm. Many were disgruntled even before the goal.

They've also conceded a lot of late goals and they're not happy! Sound familiar?

Edited by Beauchief Owl

24 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

TBF many Charlton fans are very critical of their team's negativity and time wasting tactics that appear to be the norm. Many were disgruntled even before the goal.

They've also conceded a lot of late goals and they're not happy! Sound familiar?

I'm sure that this is the product of aiming "just to stay in the Championship". A point here and there and the odd win when they take the lead and timewaste thereafter... They have prepared themselves to get 50 points this season and that's it.

Apart from that world class save from Phillips, Charlton didn't seem bothered about anything other than a nil-nil to keep their modest aspirations on track.

38 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Aah, very good. That’s why official goal time was 90+5 then.

UTO

Think it was about 10-20 seconds after the announced 4 minutes - in the time added on for their timewasting in the time that was added on for their timewasting!  Lovely stuff.

4 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Think it was about 10-20 seconds after the announced 4 minutes - in the time added on for their timewasting in the time that was added on for their timewasting!  Lovely stuff.

4 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Exactly how can time wasting turn out to be a bonus for a team that trashes the (Ahem) beautiful game?

Charlton boss Lee Bowyer: "I'm disappointed, frustrated and angry. My players gave absolutely everything and they didn't deserve not to come away with anything.!!!????

Not sure what game he was watching?, Fair do's you publically back your team but come on really!!!. One of the most negative performances ive seen from an away team, complete lack of attacking intent, lucky to escape with just a 1-0 defeat. Fella's deluded :wacko:

• Like 1

Can still remember when we played Newcastle in a friendly in 03.

Bowyer played for them and Wednesday fans gave him pelters all night. We were 1-3 down and came back to win 4-3.

Last minute Bowyer scored in front of Kop to make it 4-4 and ran full length of the Kop with one hand cupped round his ear and pumping his fist with his other.

Got disallowed for offside. Never known as big a crowd of people laughing so much.

Bobby Robson wasn't happy about it.

• Haha 3