That’s why we do it

26 minutes ago, torres said:

Brilliant at the end. 

The real hardcore of our support leaving the ground like we’ve just won the league!

It can be a real chore at times but tonight is something that the casual fan will never really get. 

I Love myself

• Haha 6

this casual fan has felt that as many times as you can count  but of course you have to have your little dig cause it wouldn't be match day without it lol , other fans talk about the game and players  so it can't have been that exciting for you if all you can do is try and fail to belittle other wednesdayites ,  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, torres said:

Brilliant at the end. 

The real hardcore of our support leaving the ground like we’ve just won the league!

It can be a real chore at times but tonight is something that the casual fan will never really get. 

Loved it 

Happy that you can whip yerself half to death wiv a knotted blue and white cord tonight mate?

Yer daft zealot lol

Edited by asteener1867

17:20 - sitting at work contemplating whether I could be arsed with tackling the M1 to sit in the freezing cold for the inevitable 0-0 drw

21:37 - sitting in the north Stand having enjoyed a better performance than recently but still thinking a curry, a pint and the red button might have been better.

21:38 - as the OP says - that's why we do it. flipping brilliant. How could I have even contemplated not going? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, rickygoo said:

17:20 - sitting at work contemplating whether I could be arsed with tackling the M1 to sit in the freezing cold for the inevitable 0-0 drw

21:37 - sitting in the north Stand having enjoyed a better performance than recently but still thinking a curry, a pint and the red button might have been better.

21:38 - as the OP says - that's why we do it. flipping brilliant. How could I have even contemplated not going? 

17:20 Sat in the bed room watching my Mrs doesen't choke on her tea (regular occurrence)

21: 37 getting her up and taking her to the toilet , (Another regular occurrence)

21: 38 wondering why I can't join in  the "this is why we do it celebrations" because I had to contemplate  going to a game over a hundred +miles away  and leaving my better half to cope on her own ,Or staying where fate decreed I must be , truth is I am genuinely So happy for you that can travel and I would not have it any other way , but why not think of those who can't attend and their reasons before agreeing with those who's life revolves about having a dig at those fans for not being there , do you not think it affects us because we can't make the numbers up well if you do my friend you are so wrong , Sorry Ricky but I did not have you down as an I am better than you fan 

Just now, trevdi9 said:

17:20 Sat in the bed room watching my Mrs doesen't choke on her tea (regular occurrence)

21: 37 getting her up and taking her to the toilet , (Another regular occurrence)

21: 38 wondering why I can't join in  the "this is why we do it celebrations" because I had to contemplate  going to a game over a hundred +miles away  and leaving my better half to cope on her own ,Or staying where fate decreed I must be , truth is I am genuinely So happy for you that can travel and I would not have it any other way , but why not think of those who can't attend and their reasons before agreeing with those who's life revolves about having a dig at those fans for not being there , do you not think it affects us because we can't make the numbers up well if you do my friend you are so wrong , Sorry Ricky but I did not have you down as an I am better than you fan 

I'm actually not one of those - that wasn't the point of my post. Apologies if that's how it came across.

I am lucky enough to have the time, money and freedom to go to most games. It's rare that we get a moment like that - and it's those moments that make football the game that it is. I was just celebrating the moment and reflecting that I was glad I'd made the choice I did rather than digging at those who can't or don't attend. I am fortunate. I totally understand that so "soz".

I actually missed the Reading game through unforeseen circumstances and chose not to go to Wigan and Barnsley - and I was glad on all counts. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I'm actually not one of those - that wasn't the point of my post. Apologies if that's how it came across.

I am lucky enough to have the time, money and freedom to go to most games. It's rare that we get a moment like that - and it's those moments that make football the game that it is. I was just celebrating the moment and reflecting that I was glad I'd made the choice I did rather than digging at those who can't or don't attend. I am fortunate. I totally understand that so "soz".

I actually missed the Reading game through unforeseen circumstances and chose not to go to Wigan and Barnsley - and I was glad on all counts. 

fair comment Ricky as I said in my post I didn't have you down as one my friend  , take no notice of my post, and it looks like I misread your post so sorry for that  mate, it all  comes from my frustration through not being able to get  to games and the OP  always droning on about people not going, it just gets to me sometimes  hope you understand my frustrations Ricky ,

Edited by trevdi9