Dawson

err he did his party piece again.

came out right side of the box to clear and launched it straight to a Charlton player.

thankfully the charlton player didnt control it otherwise it would have been a chip into an empty net again

20 minutes ago, David1867 said:

Ok, he has had a bit of grief lately but hands up, what a great performance tonight with the clean sheet. Fletcher will get all the headlines with the goal but well played Dawson. 

I stick up for Dawson.

But i don't think tonight is a time to say he had a great performance, he didn't have a lot to do in fairness.

Dawson has been given grief for a reason, he's not really been good enough.

Not by far. 

I'm not even mentioning Westwood, but recently our current No1 has been far from good enough - tonight again he had some shocking moments, especially with his kicking.   I was going to say distribution, but his throwing was very good.   

Problem with Dawson is he is half and half.   What he is good at he is very good, what he is bad with he is very bad.   He will anticipate a long ball into his area brilliantly, he will throw it out brilliantly.   He will misjudge a short ball into the box horrendously, and he will kick the ball out for what seems an easy out - hopelessly.

We need a better all rounder to be fair - someone who will give his defence a bit of confidence.   

10 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Not by far. 

I'm not even mentioning Westwood, but recently our current No1 has been far from good enough - tonight again he had some shocking moments, especially with his kicking.   I was going to say distribution, but his throwing was very good.   

Problem with Dawson is he is half and half.   What he is good at he is very good, what he is bad with he is very bad.   He will anticipate a long ball into his area brilliantly, he will throw it out brilliantly.   He will misjudge a short ball into the box horrendously, and he will kick the ball out for what seems an easy out - hopelessly.

We need a better all rounder to be fair - someone who will give his defence a bit of confidence.

You just have? 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Not by far. 

Seeing as you mention “especially his kicking” what other shocking moments were their?

the one clearance you mention went to their player on the touch line by the half way line.....hardly a dangerous position......and that lick was half as many as their keeper made

perhaps Fabianski would be a better bet

1 hour ago, David1867 said:

Ok, he has had a bit of grief lately but hands up, what a great performance tonight with the clean sheet. Fletcher will get all the headlines with the goal but well played Dawson. 

Did OK but Charlton were lightweight upfront. Apart from hitting the bar, did they have Much in the way of shots or headers on target?