All this talk of legacy, ladies and gents I give you.....

1 hour ago, Ian_D said:

I see your late 80s and I raise with mid 70s

But to be fair we were near the bottom of the then division 3

Late 80s we replaced a decent team with sub standard players due to lack of finances.

We had Lee Chapman and we relied on Colin West and for a short time David Hodgson. Even Varadi was probably past his best then, although I think he did okay at Leeds after under Wilko.

We had Marwood ( who granted was looking a bit stale at Wednesday at the end) and not long after we got Tony Galvin who was past it.

27 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

I remember in the program there was a list of which players had sponsers, always used to feel bad for the crappiest players as no one had wanted to sponser them.

Chris Morris was always available.

Chris Morris. I don’t think I’ve ever known a Wednesday player booed by our so called fans like he was. He wasn’t that bad either. Went on to have a good career.

Shame on the people that gave him dogs abuse.

10 hours ago, sexpistol said:

Chris Morris. I don’t think I’ve ever known a Wednesday player booed by our so called fans like he was. He wasn’t that bad either. Went on to have a good career.

Shame on the people that gave him dogs abuse.

I can remember Chris Morris getting a load of stick but went on to play over 300 times in total for Celtic and Middlesborough and also played in the Euros and World Cup for Republic of Ireland so cant have been that bad. Shows you how much the crowd knows sometimes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Just quickly off the top of my head,

Aaron Lescott

Ian Hendon

Steve Haslam

Darren Wood

Maurice Ross

All played right back for us, and all worse than Gregg Fee

I can’t even remember Maurice Ross. I’ve just checked and he played twice for us. As for Darren Wood, I don’t think he was particularly bad, he was just never fit. I think Abdi played more than him.

I know Greg too and whilst perhaps not the most gifted player we’ve ever had, he’s a great bloke and after all these years still bleeds Blue & White.

Like most of us I’ve no time for players who are taking the cash and don’t give 100%, Greg always did and for that alone doesn’t deserve retrospective criticism.

Save that stuff for the likes of Jeffers and co.