Lee Peacock’s Wednesday Legacy

Remember when we played grimsby in a pre season friendly, when we got relegated to league 1 and Irvine was gaffer 

Lee with his bleach blonde hair was the star player for grimsby 

And he ran our defenders raggid 

They won 2-1 with boden scoring for us (remember him?) 

Their ground makes Hillsborough look like a Di vinci masterpiece 

Sh!t pitch with a burger van outside on the edge of the pitch 

5 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Remember when we played grimsby in a pre season friendly, when we got relegated to league 1 and Irvine was gaffer 

They won 2-1 with boden scoring for us (remember him?

Boden used to live in Mosborough, next door to my best mate in primary school, he ended up in America didn't he? Pretty limited footballer so must have felt like he'd won the lottery.

I liked him when he first came, him and Maclean linked up perfectly in that promotion season, he didn’t really cut it in the championship but I though him and Maclean were excellent together, preferred him to James Quinn 

would swap Nuhiu for that version of him now 

Edited by Dexter Morgan

Nice bloke, as many have said. Had a good chat with him in Freestylers as he was having his hair done for the play off final (I was in the chair next to him) and he had loads of time for fans. 

Had a decent scoring record before SWFC and we, like many others before and after him, soon changed that and he never recovered. 

11 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Had the face of a spartan warrior and the hair of a 54 year old dinner lady* from Barnsley. 

*Lunchtime supervisor

I was just about to say he had the hair of a late middle aged woman, who’s decided to ‘go short’. 

I remember him playing the game with enthusiasm and a smile on his face. Seemed to be enjoying himself on the pitch. I like players who play like that.

The promotion season under Paul Sturrock was my son's first season of going along, around age 9, Lee Peacock was his favourite player.

11 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

They won 2-1 with boden scoring for us (remember him?) 

Jeez think we had to stop doing them Grimsby pre season friendlies because every time we went there was almost a riot. 

Rough as fizz them Mariners. 

I remember he had 3 15 goals seasons for Bristol City before we signed him.

Remember Turner telling us that we would have gone for him earlier in the Summer, but we were not aware that he was available on free transfer :rolleyes:

Nice guy. Put a lot of effort in, but he was a decent league 1 player at best.

I can remember him scoring away at Torquay and Chesterfield and against Brentford in the playoffs. 
In that Chesterfield game ( we won 3-1) I’m not sure if my memory is playing tricks with me, but I’m sure one of our goals ( either Peacock or McLean) the ball went in off the players backside.

Edited by sexpistol