Play offs... Bannan?

Guest The Horse

I'm with him.

Still in it, league is inconsistent.

Think the players have just been pacing themselves ready for this last sprint to the finish line.

Welcome to the win factory.

We're going up.

Chill.

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

There is more chance of me putting my John Thomas in Gwen Stefani's mouth than us making the play off this season.

Ha, nice one, I was going to post that there is more chance of Jennifer Aniston turning up at my door sporting heels, sussers and the smallest knicks that money can buy but the Gwen quote  has surpassed that.

• Haha 2

Player comes out saying something positive.

Fans then moan.

Where's the logic in that? Do I think we can get in the Play Offs, not a chance. Did I think it in August? Not a chance. Would I rather the players at least tried to stay positive rather than say nothing? Yeah.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Fans then moan.

Where's the logic in that? Do I think we can get in the Play Offs, not a chance. Did I think it in August? Not a chance. Would I rather the players at least tried to stay positive rather than say nothing? Yeah.

Didnt monk come out last week and say our aim was never the playoffs or something like that.

What happened then?

Fans moaned didnt they.

lol

Edited by pazowl55
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Fans then moan.

I'd sooner he be realistic and say

" We know there may be a points deduction...so we are going to fight until the last minute of every game to preserve any lead we have........ not bottle out like we have most of the season ....relegation is a distinct possibility.... lets make sure we stay up ... we owe the fans that "

3 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Fans then moan.

The players have served the fans mostly turd sandwiches since Christmas, resulting in the team dropping from third to either playing for nothing or fighting for survival.

Don't want fans to moan? Do your talking on the pitch. 

Villa were in this position last year with around the same points. They then won 10 in a row and only managed to get a playoff spot by 3 clear points. No chance with the form we're in will we replicate that. I love that he's trying to be positive but focus on getting 3 points on the board first Barry!

We dropped out of the play offs when we drew (another injury time equaliser) with Barnsley on 1st April 2017. We looked like we'd blown it - poor form, poor energy and performances - bit like now.

Six games and 18 points later we'd managed to grab 4th spot.

We're in a more difficult position now, but like last year, you must keep trying until its mathematically impossible.

We need to concentrate on getting enough points to stay in this league for when a possible points deduction comes in, talking about play-offs is madness from even fans, not alone our Vice Captain

Embarrassing comments from Bannan tbh, I'd snap your hand off at being in the Championship next season