Play offs... Bannan?

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

It was never a realistic ambition - the morale boosting words of our own manager.

“I don’t think that was ever really the number one aim. Of course, that’s the ambition and we all want to fight for it. We’re going to fight for it. But if I’m honest at the start of the season it wasn’t an ambition for anyone, realistically. That’s not to say we shouldn’t be fighting for that, we are.”

That was the quote. 

The general consensus on here after Bruce left was that mid table would be a realistic aim.

Easy to take a headline and bash a manager you maybe never wanted. Which is what many seem to be doing currently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

“I don’t think that was ever really the number one aim. Of course, that’s the ambition and we all want to fight for it. We’re going to fight for it. But if I’m honest at the start of the season it wasn’t an ambition for anyone, realistically. That’s not to say we shouldn’t be fighting for that, we are.”

That was the quote. 

The general consensus on here after Bruce left was that mid table would be a realistic aim.

Easy to take a headline and bash a manager you maybe never wanted. Which is what many seem to be doing currently.

This is true but when you sit 3rd at Christmas I think the aim will have changed.

He wouldn't have said this if everything hadn't had gone t*ts up. 

2 minutes ago, heppers said:

Hilarious. I still think of what might have been if BB had bossed the game at Wembley. Sadly that day was like men against boys in midfield.

And we still havnt solved those issues in midfield. 

4 minutes ago, heppers said:

Hilarious. I still think of what might have been if BB had bossed the game at Wembley. Sadly that day was like men against boys in midfield.

I think we lost control of that game before the game started when Carlos decided to drop Lopez and bring back Hutchinson

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

39 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

That was the quote. 

It's a bit vague mixed with a bit vicky pollard very "yeah, but no, but yeah, but no". 

The quote makes it sound like there was /is no expectations, just a let's see what happens attitude. Though at the time he'd probably not had long to asess the squad in terms of ambitions.