Takeover Talks

Why would anybody be interested in buying us when we have the FFP issue hanging over our heads and a potential points deduction that could see us playing third division football next season?

Forgive me if I think this rumour is complete and utter bull s**t.

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

His time is up at Wednesday. Thank him for trying though and wanting what we do.it is time to go now and move on for our club and himself. 

Agreed, he's not the richest of the Chansiri family, his wealth isn't boundless & he can't keep throwing millions at just to maintain status quo while allowing Hillsborough & our training facilities to fall further behind modern requirements.

2 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Agreed, he's not the richest of the Chansiri family, his wealth isn't boundless & he can't keep throwing millions at just to maintain status quo while allowing Hillsborough & our training facilities to fall further behind modern requirements.

We got a new pitch, new TV.... Think some investment in training ground too (you can't polish a turd) and some new white seats in the North

4 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Wouldn't be surprised if his family are saying sell up now .

I seem to remember he hinted that his family were urging him to get out when he suggested that he could sell the club at the last forum & he was reluctant to let his son attend matches because she to some hostility.

4 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

Where is this on the Lumponmeter? Had some bad experiences recently and don’t want to get fooled again

I'd hang onto your money. I can't see any prospective buyer agreeing a price until he knows the outcome of the EFL charges & which division we'll be playing in next season.

You’ll always get the cynics and comedians out in a thread like this. I enjoy reading them TBH because you get to see just how fragmented the fan base is and it just gives mores substance to the view that as a fan base we’ll all never be on the same page?

My own view is it’s inevitable that the Chairman will look to sell the club when he can. I suspect he’s been looking for a way out for most of the season? I think he’s been losing interest for quite sometime time and the Bruce episode was the final straw? The fact he hasn’t been seen around Hillsborough much of late and that he’s seemingly been behind a wall of silence for the best part of a year suggest it’s only a matter of time before he leaves? One of his few appearances this season was at Monk’s unveiling and TBH he looked like a man who wanted to be elsewhere so I’m expecting at least some mileage in this rumour?

• Like 1