Takeover Talks

Diego Della Valle net worth:
$1.9 Billion

Diego Della Valle Net Worth: Diego Della Valle is an Italian entrepreneur who has a net worth of $1.9 billion. Born on December 30, 1953 in Sant'Elpidio a Mare, Italy, he has continued the family tradition of shoemaking together with his brother Andrea Della Valle. His grandfather, Filippo Della Valle, established a shoemaking business in the 20s, and later, his father, Dorino Della Valle, led the company. Eventually, the family business came in the hands of the brothers, and Diego was eager enough to expand the family tradition into the now well-known Tod's in 1978. The Italian leather company is active in making luxury shoes and purses, which is successfully growing because of the increased sales of 14% in China and Hong Kong. A graduate of Law in the University of Bologna who left his law career in order to maintain the family tradition, Diego now serves as Chairman and CEO of Tod's, and together with his brother Andrea, they own 56% of the company's shares. Moreover, the Della Valle duo is a part of Piaggio & S.p.A. with 2% shares and of Bialetti Industrie SpA with 11% shares, and they also own stakes in the luxurious eyewear company Marcolin and in the U.S. retailer Saks. In addition to his interests, Diego sits on the boards of numerous companies like Banca Nacionales del Lavoro, Maserati, Ferrari and LVHM. Also, he has donated $33 million to renovations of crumbling Coliseum in Rome. What's more, Diego is the person who attacked Silvio Berlusconi publicly for over-taxing large businesses and not supporting the small ones.

• Thanks 1

Guest Bulgaria
8 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Although Dom is no longer at the Spar so he hasn't picked it up yet. I thought he did a decent job with Rob today on ifollow commentary.  Talked sense.

He never shuts up though.

Yes, he has some good stuff to say but what takes folks 10 seconds takes him 2 minutes.

I honestly had to turn the volume off for a while as he was driving me nuts!!

5 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Only sticking point for me is if DC drives such a hard bargain for the players he has, imagine how hard it’ll be to buy the whole club off him!

DC said he bought the club for Att.

Perhaps Att's changed his mind now and want a Maserati or Ferrari and some posh shoes for school? :Chansiri:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Only sticking point for me is if DC drives such a hard bargain for the players he has, imagine how hard it’ll be to buy the whole club off him!

Wouldnt DC have to buy the stadium back from himself in order to sell it to the Cobbler ? 

2 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Just my opinion but I think DC has lost interest in his toy now and just keeping us ticking over.

DC will know he will have to take a cut on his investment if he wants to sell as nobody in their right mind will pay say 150 million for a club like us.

Plus DC himself has also been charged by the EFL & could receive a ban from being involved in the running of a football club.

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Wouldnt DC have to buy the stadium back from himself in order to sell it to the Cobbler ? 

I presume the cobbler could also buy the holding company that DC created to sell the stadium to himself.