Takeover Talks

9 hours ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Dave Allen...

:duntmatter:

Speaking of Dave Allen, IIRC, this is the last year for him and the other former shareholders to have a chance to get their mitts on a Promotion to Premiership payoff. Milan took over the club in 2010. 

IIRC, Dave Allen agreed with Milan that he’ll get £1 million on promotion to the premiership. 

Every cloud and all that. 

11 minutes ago, Eric Matthews said:

Well without the money of the last two chairmen I think that we would not have a club to support  remember since Mr Chansiri took over our club he has had a considerable number of supporters screaming to buy anybody that can kick a ball and quite a few that couldn’t lol, We all to a man wanted him to buy Rhodes, Winnall, get Bruce how would anybody know what they would turn out like

The problem for me, I only look at it from an investment and business perspective, is that if Dejphon Chansiri was to sell up today, it would be difficult to identify solid, tangible benefits that he has brought to the club. There is no long term vision for his successor to build on and, as things stand today, we have actually regressed in terms of league standing. The club infrastructure is crumbling. The stadium desperately needs renovation. The academy is not producing future first team players nor looks like doing so. All in all, the return on such a significant investment is poor. If the objective was just merely to keep the club ticking over, I am sure that could have been done without such a hefty risk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Eric Matthews said:

We have a club that’s in the poo a man comes spends over 100 mill. On our beloved club  gets us out of said poo and receives nothing but abuse from people who know absolutely nothing about running anything never mind a multi million pound business just think of all the chairmen we have had over the last 70 years or so who have spent more on gin and tonics than they spent on our club

Wildly spending millions more than the rules allow isn’t something to be celebrated. 

it’s flippingstupid. 

2 years of embargo’s and counting. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Is he selling up?

Has Geoff been discharged from bankruptcy and he’s throwing his hat into the ring with you championing his cause yet again?

I never want to be back where we have complete nuggets on here begging for Geoff Sherd to come and take us over. Ant those people funnily enough hate DC, no matter what he does

19 minutes ago, TINGLE75 said:

Just checked Ceefax 302 and 390 and there's nothing about a takeover.

Well if the takeover is agreed this afternoon you'll be able to read all about it on Ceefax by about Wednesday.:rolleyes:

I get what you’re saying but all the risk is with Mr Chansiri, for the last 85 years we have won very little in the way of major trophies so how come Mr Chansiri gets so much abuse because he didn’t get us promoted in 5years people are now saying the ground needs renovating now we need better players who do we expect to provide the money for all this and still keep within ffp it seems Mr Chansiri is dammed if he does and dammed if he doesnt

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

The problem for me, I only look at it from an investment and business perspective, is that if Dejphon Chansiri was to sell up today, it would be difficult to identify solid, tangible benefits that he has brought to the club. There is no long term vision for his successor to build on and, as things stand today, we have actually regressed in terms of league standing. The club infrastructure is crumbling. The stadium desperately needs renovation. The academy is not producing future first team players nor looks like doing so. All in all, the return on such a significant investment is poor. If the objective was just merely to keep the club ticking over, I am sure that could have been done without such a hefty risk.

I can think of 2.

The pitch

Black shorts

10 minutes ago, timrud said:

I never want to be back where we have complete nuggets on here begging for Geoff Sherd to come and take us over.

Have people on here really been asking for this to happen?

I think he’s joking. 

Guest Bulgaria
8 minutes ago, Eric Matthews said:

Mr Chansiri gets so much abuse because he didn’t get us promoted in 5years people are now saying the ground needs renovating now we need better players

DC doesn't get proper grief for any of the above.

He is getting grief because under his watch........ Oh, I can't be bothered to go into it.

And I will repeat..... No one disputes his good initial intentions.

Edited by Bulgaria

3 minutes ago, Eric Matthews said:

I get what you’re saying but all the risk is with Mr Chansiri, for the last 85 years we have won very little in the way of major trophies so how come Mr Chansiri gets so much abuse because he didn’t get us promoted in 5years people are now saying the ground needs renovating now we need better players who do we expect to provide the money for all this and still keep within ffp it seems Mr Chansiri is dammed if he does and dammed if he doesnt

I can only view it with an open mind. I wish had succeeded and achieved all of his aims. But from my perspective, I cannot even view his tenure to date in terms of glorious failure. He has made too many elementary mistakes that have ultimately resulted in the position that the club finds itself in today. I strongly believe that many of the mistakes would not have occurred with solid research and planning. Nobody should aim personal abuse at him. If that is happening, it should stop. Criticism is fair game though.

6 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I can only view it with an open mind. I wish had succeeded and achieved all of his aims. But from my perspective, I cannot even view his tenure to date in terms of glorious failure. He has made too many elementary mistakes that have ultimately resulted in the position that the club finds itself in today. I strongly believe that many of the mistakes would not have occurred with solid research and planning. Nobody should aim personal abuse at him. If that is happening, it should stop. Criticism is fair game though.

He's been a total disaster and has us in a far worse position then when he took over.

Yet another season is also down the toilet.

If he sells it will be because Dad has pulled the plug on his failed fantasy football game.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

He's been a total disaster and has us in a far worse position then when he took over.

Yet another season is also down the toilet.

If he sells it will be because Dad has pulled the plug on his failed fantasy football game.

I don't regard his tenure as a total failure either. We did have two seasons when we dared to dream, one of which contained some of the most exciting football seen at the club for years. From that perspective, it highlights the narrow path between success and failure in sport. With a fair wind, DC's gamble could have turned out so differently. I look at it on balance. I think that the negatives well outnumber the positives and many of them could easily have been avoided with a proper business plan and vision.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, striker said:

I can understand if DC looking for an exit, considering recent events and his comments at the last fans forum. 

Personally, I dont dislike DC, met him at one of the fan forums, he was a nice bloke and while not ignoring faults and decisions I disagree with, believe he tries best and has certainly put the money in. 

My hope is that if a credible rumour, it's a planned sale and not a fire sale, which would attract obscure Azerbaijan businessmen or TV aerial fiddlers.

post-16047-0-99353800-1406417430_thumb.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2