Takeover Talks

10 minutes ago, Eric Matthews said:

We have a club that’s in the poo a man comes spends over 100 mill. On our beloved club  gets us out of said poo and receives nothing but abuse from people who know absolutely nothing about running anything never mind a multi million pound business just think of all the chairmen we have had over the last 70 years or so who have spent more on gin and tonics than they spent on our club

Excellent comment but some contributors to O T will always shout down anything true and reasonable.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Eric Matthews said:

We have a club that’s in the poo a man comes spends over 100 mill. On our beloved club  gets us out of said poo and receives nothing but abuse from people who know absolutely nothing about running anything never mind a multi million pound business just think of all the chairmen we have had over the last 70 years or so who have spent more on gin and tonics than they spent on our club

It would be nice to sit here now and admire the tangible improvements brought about by his investment.

Sure, we now have a big screen, a half decent playing surface, a few players that are a considerable upgrade on what was here before and we could include a couple of decent cracks at Premier League football. Is that really very much when analysed against the negatives most notably the current dire financial situation that the club finds itself in that could potentially result in embargoes, points deductions and even relegation as a worst case scenario?

Guest wilyfox

He should sell - if he can. If he fights the charges successfully (unlikely) then he's gotten away with one. If he loses that battle, it would simply prove he doesn't know how to run a football club leaving us in a worse position than when he started. For all his millions, decision making has been poor. 

7 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

He should sell - if he can. If he fights the charges successfully (unlikely) then he's gotten away with one. If he loses that battle, it would simply prove he doesn't know how to run a football club leaving us in a worse position than when he started. For all his millions, decision making has been poor. 

I think he may have a better hand then you think, or they'd have nailed us to the floor by now.

Guest wilyfox
Just now, dorian gray said:

I think he may have a better hand then you think, or they'd have nailed us to the floor by now.

I hope you're right - for our sake. Best case scenario is we escape on a technicality. Doesn't change the dodgy perception of what he's done though. Selling the stadium to himself...falsified accounts...shell companies...yearly transfer embargoes...refusal to trade players...overinflated ticket pricing...none of that is good. 

30 minutes ago, Eric Matthews said:

18 minutes ago, pioowl said:

Excellent comment but some contributors to O T will always shout down anything true and reasonable.

With respect gentlemen, the facts don’t back up your unstinting support of the current chairman (who for the record I have no doubt has honorable intentions).

The reality is we were in the poo from the old boys brigade when Manderic took us over.

Under his stewardship, we stabilized financially, gained promotion to the championship and stabilized as a mid table team. When Milan sold us he was losing £5 million a season and clearly stated he wasn’t the person to take us to the next level. 

If you look at the current FFP / P&S regulations, taking into the account the ground sale, we are just shy of losing £100 million over 3 seasons and remain a mid table team.

I don’t dispute that we have had highs during Chansiri’s tenure, I don’t dispute Chansiri twice rolled the dice, however, he always knew, or should have known, about FFP / P&S rules (which are clearly unfair given Chansiri has paid his bills and doesn’t have the luxury of parachute payments) and accommodated for this (by means other than a ground sale which has resulted in a gross misconduct charge from our governing body). 

So sadly the poo that is £100 million over spend in 3 seasons, transfer embargoes and a ground sale which has led to a gross misconduct charge which could lead to either nothing, points deduction, automatic relegation or expulsion from the EFL altogether has happened entirely on DC’s watch.

Edited by Hirstys Salopettes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Has Billsaja posted yet?

He’s flying out to a meeting later but he’ll be back later in the week to enlighten us on some amazing news...

We're buying a new sofa next week. I'll have a sneaky look in the stock room to see if I can see him doing a stock take.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

It would be nice to sit here now and admire the tangible improvements brought about by his investment.

Sure, we now have a big screen, a half decent playing surface, a few players that are a considerable upgrade on what was here before and we could include a couple of decent cracks at Premier League football. Is that really very much when analysed against the negatives most notably the current dire financial situation that the club finds itself in that could potentially result in embargoes, points deductions and even relegation as a worst case scenario?

Well without the money of the last two chairmen I think that we would not have a club to support  remember since Mr Chansiri took over our club he has had a considerable number of supporters screaming to buy anybody that can kick a ball and quite a few that couldn’t lol, We all to a man wanted him to buy Rhodes, Winnall, get Bruce how would anybody know what they would turn out like

• Haha 1

Just now, wilyfox said:

I hope you're right - for our sake. Best case scenario is we escape on a technicality. Doesn't change the dodgy perception of what he's done though. Selling the stadium to himself...falsified accounts...shell companies...yearly transfer embargoes...refusal to trade players...overinflated ticket pricing...none of that is good. 

some of that is 'generally' called 'big business'.

the rest is pisspoor.