Takeover Talks

Guest addedtime
1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Imagine your long term hobby being to sporadically pop up on an internet football forum pretending to be the mysterious wife of someone with takeover knowledge that without fail is lacking in any actual substance but the main objective really being to flirt with oddball middle aged men.

What a life

Something to aspire to don't you think?

2 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Talking about takeovers did anyone else see the 2 suited blokes with Paxio at Brum yesterday ?

I thought they were his minders at first but don't think the Zulus are that frightening nowadays.

I look forward to the day when I see Paixao in the middle of two blokes wearing prison warden uniforms.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

No need to worry about it now as apparently he’s not the one in talks, but he bought Fiorentina after they had financial problems and were relegated to lower leagues.  He’s the one who took  them back to Serie A and the champions league

Apparently the Della Valle brothers went to America to seek a buyer after the Florentina fans had turned toxic against them due to a series of bad results and boardroom decisions.

Doesn’t that sound somewhat familiar ?

15 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Imagine your long term hobby being to sporadically pop up on an internet football forum pretending to be the mysterious wife of someone with takeover knowledge that without fail is lacking in any actual substance but the main objective really being to flirt with oddball middle aged men.

What a life

Best thing is his name is Brian and he’s posting from a poorly converted loft studio with a leaky Velux window wearing just his discoloured white baggy Y fronts in a terraced house in Brinsworth.

• Haha 3

Without going over old ground I do think something is in the works? DC has cut a more withdrawn figure these days and I genuinely think he’s looking to move the club on? The Monk appointment was short term. There hasn’t been many cash/long-term signings in the last couple of years, maybe a sign of winding down investment as much as P&S restrictions? I suspect he will probably sell to another Asian Investor and this will happen by the summer?

6 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Without going over old ground I do think something is in the works? DC has cut a more withdrawn figure these days and I genuinely think he’s looking to move the club on? The Monk appointment was short term. There hasn’t been many cash/long-term signings in the last couple of years, maybe a sign of winding down investment as much as P&S restrictions? I suspect he will probably sell to another Asian Investor and this will happen by the summer?

Before or after the Season starts?

10 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Best thing is his name is Brian and he’s posting from a poorly converted loft studio with a leaky Velux window wearing just his discoloured white baggy Y fronts in a terraced house in Brinsworth.

Possibly an upgrade for some.

• Haha 2

Said it before that as soon as the EFL matter is resolved I can’t see Chansiri sticking around much longer. Maybe the arbitration has gone our way hence the takeover talks, as there’s no way someone is buying the club with risk of major points deductions or expulsions. 

Fingers crossed for a positive week ahead

11 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I would’ve thought before the start of next season but I’m guessing. I’ve never been ITK and I don’t ever expect to be?

And now you've disappointed me,

I thought with your insight a deal been done in the Summer, to now not ITK.

Edited by daleblue
  • Haha 1

We have a club that’s in the poo a man comes spends over 100 mill. On our beloved club  gets us out of said poo and receives nothing but abuse from people who know absolutely nothing about running anything never mind a multi million pound business just think of all the chairmen we have had over the last 70 years or so who have spent more on gin and tonics than they spent on our club

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Matthews said:

We have a club that’s in the poo a man comes spends over 100 mill. On our beloved club  gets us out of said poo and receives nothing but abuse from people who know absolutely nothing about running anything never mind a multi million pound business just think of all the chairmen we have had over the last 70 years or so who have spent more on gin and tonics than they spent on our club

With respect to the poo, your getting your Manderics and Chansiris in a FFP pickle

15 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Said it before that as soon as the EFL matter is resolved I can’t see Chansiri sticking around much longer. Maybe the arbitration has gone our way hence the takeover talks, as there’s no way someone is buying the club with risk of major points deductions or expulsions. 

Fingers crossed for a positive week ahead

I fear you may end the week ahead feeling rather quite disappointed.