What is wrong with this effin club

We sit far too deep and invite pressure, plus leave nobody up for an outball. So the high balls into the box just keep coming and we keep giving it back to them, happens every time we go into the final phases winning. That’s tactics, not to mention players that aren’t willing to put their bodies on the line and give away needless free kicks inviting more pressure.

Clearly a confidence thing when trying to hold on at the end of a game. Teams full of confidence manage this better and tend to get the luck at times as well. Just look at dominant teams throughout recent history like the Ferguson era at United or the current Liverpool team. They can hold on confidently at the end of games when they are tight.

Guest Theboylangers

Football teams concede last minute goals on a regular basis.

Only we have turned it into an art form this season. Genuinely defies logic. 

Worst thing is, we all know the last minute equaliser or winner is coming. 

And that's what makes every draw or loss with a last minute goal harder to take. 

2 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

We've only twice come from behind to win in well over fifty games, that's not the mentality of winners.

Agreed. We aren't winners, for sure. That last goal was a reyt punch in the knackers. Just saying today was a lot more positive compared to recent poor performances. 

This is why regardless of any sudden upturns in form (hah), nobody will ever change my mind on this team. 

As Sheffield Wednesday fans the last 20 years have given us about as much negative drama as just about any club in the country - short only of those whose clubs have actually gone under - and yet I’ve seen NOTHING as pathetic as this teams record of conceding late goals.

I think it’s unprofessional at best. This is the most spineless, pathetic, weak time we’ve had in my time. It’s suspicious more than anything else. The f*ck are they playing at?

Edited by sheffield_dave

18 minutes ago, markg said:

It's not bad luck, it happens too often. Weak pathetic players 

It is incredibly unprofessional. 

Basic things, like getting the ball in the corner, making sure you don't give away stupid freekicks, don't drop too deep. 

They just don't learn. 

So Murphy nearly scores to put us 4-2 up with 15 minutes left. Instead of leaving the odd player or two forward with the remaining 10 minutes, we just sit deeper and deeper and and invite pressure.

Everytime we clear the ball it comes back, they hit it long and they will get every 2nd or at least 3rd ball. It’s essentially defence against attack for the last 10.

It’s shocking game management. Don’t even have to push for the 4th, just have that threat on the counter.

It’s dog sh*te tactics, mixed with mentally weak players and a lack of leadership on and off the pitch.

It’s n*b all to do with luck.

Edited by jonesy87shef
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

This is why regardless of any sudden upturns in form (hah), nobody will ever change my mind on this team. 

As Sheffield Wednesday fans the last 20 years have given us about as much negative drama as just about any club in the country - short only of those whose clubs have actually gone under - and yet I’ve seen NOTHING as pathetic as this teams record of conceding late goals.

I think it’s unprofessional at best. This is the most spineless, pathetic, weak time we’ve had in my time. It’s suspicious more than anything else. The f*ck are they playing at?

Can't disagree. 

In terms of ability, they are one of the better sides we've had in recentish times, but mentally they are so weak. 

There is a reason why they have got progressively crapper in this division. 

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s why it’s so important to refresh your team on a constant basis. A lot of these have been playing at this club or in this league for over 5 years and probably know they ain’t good enough to go up, so probably have the mindset of feck it 

We refreshed our worn down players with players who needed refreshment themselves. Bad luck losing Venancio mind you