RUMBELOWS91

Tom Lees - Mentally weak

Harsh imo.  

When Lees played alongside Loovens, racking up all those appearances and clean sheets.  He didn't look out of place then.  

I think the the constant chopping and changing in front of him and alongside him isn't helping whatsoever, 

2 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

He actually wasn't that bad today. 

The biggest question for me though, is why he stayed on the pitch and Iorfa went off. 

I would bet my house on Iorfa winning the header that Lees weakly attempted to defend for their equaliser. 

Iorfa is quicker, stronger and faster. 🤷‍♂️

Take it you would want to be home less because Iorfa is poo in the air

Genuinely one of the worst threads I've seen on this site. 

The standard was set by the 'mentally weak' nonsense, then there's barely a worthwhile comment through the thread. Some fans just need someone to jump on, and now Fox isn't the easy target, they need to find someone else. It's all linked to the embarrassing 'Iorfa future England player' hysteria . Some just don't get form, general state of the club, playing / squad issues, etc etc.

Lees is a decent to very decent Championship CB. In an on-form, confident side, he's excellent. Burnley were linked to him for decent money a couple of seasons ago, and most Championship sides would jump at the chance of signing him. He's struggled this season, through competition from other decent players, Borner and Iorfa. He hasn't nailed down his place and regular partner, and the team as a whole, and particularly the defence, has been unsettled. The goalkeeping issues wont have helped. I agree he's not a natural captain, and needs a solid partner next to him. But that would be true for 8/10 central defenders. 

'Mentally weak' though. Blimey. Typical social media hysterical nonsense.

• Like 1

For a player who should be in his prime, he's going backwards. He's never been good on the ball but now he's not even winning key challenges. Definitely not leadership material. 

Probably the quietest captain I have ever seen. He was lucky to have Loovens with him under CC. I hope he goes in the summer and Monk can try and bring in a real captain. 

7 hours ago, stanningtonowl said:

But Hutchinson tackles and shows desire and a will to win and leadership. 
Monk don’t want any of that, or shouting at him in the dressing room, or pointing out where it’s going wrong, or there’s no tactics. 

Boo Hutch because he gets yellow cards and reds and injured. 
Booooooo. 

Shame he's not a very good leader then.

He's also pretty poo these days.

So other than that, it's a great point.

5 hours ago, Hotten Owl said:

The standard was set by the 'mentally weak' nonsense, then there's barely a worthwhile comment through the thread. Some fans just need someone to jump on, and now Fox isn't the easy target, they need to find someone else. It's all linked to the embarrassing 'Iorfa future England player' hysteria . Some just don't get form, general state of the club, playing / squad issues, etc etc.

Lees is a decent to very decent Championship CB. In an on-form, confident side, he's excellent. Burnley were linked to him for decent money a couple of seasons ago, and most Championship sides would jump at the chance of signing him. He's struggled this season, through competition from other decent players, Borner and Iorfa. He hasn't nailed down his place and regular partner, and the team as a whole, and particularly the defence, has been unsettled. The goalkeeping issues wont have helped. I agree he's not a natural captain, and needs a solid partner next to him. But that would be true for 8/10 central defenders. 

The entire team is mentally weak, as demonstrated for the umpteenth time again today. As a CB and Captain a lot of that is his fault. If Pearson or Mike Lyons are playing in his spot today, we don't lose.......

I love how Tom lees is now major scapegoat / crap yet flappy Westwood and biscuit knees Hutchinson are the saviours :duntmatter:. All 3 have been here too long , all 3 need improving on 

Lees played ok yesterday much more present then Borner. Dom and lees is our best central partnership monk needs to stop changing the back line 

13 hours ago, folger said:

We have 6 or 7 players that are great when it's all going well but implode when it isn't. Lee's is the worst of these and you can't have that trait at the back.

You can't have that trait in a team and club captain.

What sort of leadership is that?!

11 hours ago, Hotten Owl said:

Sorry, there is no room for sentiment. He has served us well, but has always looked below par since the captaincy was given to him. Injuries aside he has been on a downward spiral since and you can see he us not comfortable on the ball. We need a new leader on the pitch but I think stripping him of his captaincy would be worse for him and his confidence than letting him go IMHO.

30 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Sorry, there is no room for sentiment. He has served us well, but has always looked below par since the captaincy was given to him. Injuries aside he has been on a downward spiral since and you can see he us not comfortable on the ball. We need a new leader on the pitch but I think stripping him of his captaincy would be worse for him and his confidence than letting him go IMHO.

There should always be room for respect and being pleasant. 

3 hours ago, james o connor said:

I love how Tom lees is now major scapegoat / crap yet flappy Westwood and biscuit knees Hutchinson are the saviours :duntmatter:. All 3 have been here too long , all 3 need improving on 

Ruthless but very true.

Jutkiewicz made Lees his bítch for their 3rd goal. Tom should have done better. Caught ball-watching. Didn't pay enough attention to the man. Big mistake. 

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

There should always be room for respect and being pleasant. 

Absolutely, I was speaking in footballing terms. Like I said he's been a great servant and I hope if he is moved on it us done professionally and with care. I think Monk would be open and honest with anyone who's not in his plans.

That said I find some of the comments on here not only disrespectful but downright abusive and classless. 

I think Lees has been a great servant for the club, but it appears his peak was three years ago. 

Like Palmer, Fox, Lee and Nuhiu, all nice guys but they're never going to be part of a promotion team.

If consolidation and another mid-table target is the target for next year, he'll probably be first choice CH. I imagine he'll then leave once his contract expires in 2021. 

17 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Let go on a free.

Wages far in excess of ability.

This quote could apply to a dozen of our players at a minimum.