Tom Lees - Mentally weak

4 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

He is a significant reason for our poor form.. been saying it for weeks.

Defence looks nervy when he plays .. ..consequently errors appear.. midfield has to drop deeper to help .. says it all 

He didn't play last weekend, it's not just him.

Just now, Mister Soul said:

True! But look at the highlights from when he came on against Wigan and then when started against QPR .. all you need to see .. lack of confidence in your teammate is like a virus 

Hard to identify individuals when the entire defence are consistently making mistakes. Can’t be just blaming one. 

• Thanks 1

Loovens made Lees the player he was a few years back. Since he’s gone Lees has got progressively worse and is so far away from captain material it’s embarrassing. In this current team the defence gets badly exposed and it’s shows the men from the boys I’m afraid. Needs to be part of the summer cull.

1 hour ago, Mister Soul said:

He is a significant reason for our poor form.. been saying it for weeks.

Defence looks nervy when he plays .. ..consequently errors appear.. midfield has to drop deeper to help .. says it all 

They also look very nervous when he doesn't.

A number of fans have called for Hutchinson to be captain previously because he shouts and screams a lot and have a go at lees because he doesn’t. Hutchinson has now been bombed out twice by two managers. 

But obviously a captain is much more than that. None of us know his influence around the dressing room or how he conducts himself etc. 

To be honest I remember people suggesting Hutchinson when we had Loovens! 

Edited by WhiteOwl91

I think it’s very unfair to say Tom Lees is mentally weak. I would say the group as a collective are mentally weak as a consequence of 2 failed playoff campaigns. 

He’s been a good player for us as Tom Lees and was great alongside Loovens. I would also say that recently he’s been shocking but so have Borner and Iorfa. 

Edited by Bouncing Owl

7 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

A number of fans have called for Hutchinson to be captain previously because he shouts and screams a lot and have a go at lees because he doesn’t. Hutchinson has now been bombed out twice by two managers. 

But obviously a captain is much more than that. None of us know his influence around the dressing room or how he conducts himself etc. 

To be honest I remember people suggesting Hutchinson when we had Loovens! 

But Hutchinson tackles and shows desire and a will to win and leadership. 
Monk don’t want any of that, or shouting at him in the dressing room, or pointing out where it’s going wrong, or there’s no tactics. 

Boo Hutch because he gets yellow cards and reds and injured. 
Booooooo. 

He actually wasn't that bad today. 

The biggest question for me though, is why he stayed on the pitch and Iorfa went off. 

I would bet my house on Iorfa winning the header that Lees weakly attempted to defend for their equaliser. 

Iorfa is quicker, stronger and faster. 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

Harsh imo.  

When Lees played alongside Loovens, racking up all those appearances and clean sheets.  He didn't look out of place then.  

I think the the constant chopping and changing in front of him and alongside him isn't helping whatsoever,