LEAVE!

Depends which Forestieri we end up with, the motivated one or the half arsed one! On his day he’s one of the best players in the championship but his day has become a distant memory. Hopefully the EFL wrangling will be sorted soon and we know where we stand before looking at new contacts. We need a new spine of the team with a ruthless streak in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

He’s a terrible man manager.. it’s like he’s playing football manager or something 

Really. Letting a few players know they are not part of his plans. It’s not like the players mentioned in the article went on to better things is it, so his decision making has been proved correct in the cases mentioned in the article. Sniping just trying to build a case for the never has-beens he’s cast aside is my take on it.

We must have the most sentimental fans in football, Semedo and Reda Johnson would still be in the squad left to half the fans. 😀

Guest LondonOwl313
10 minutes ago, Prince said:

Really. Letting a few players know they are not part of his plans. It’s not like the players mentioned in the article went on to better things is it, so his decision making has been proved correct in the cases mentioned in the article. Sniping just trying to build a case for the never has-beens he’s cast aside is my take on it.

We must have the most sentimental fans in football, Semedo and Reda Johnson would still be in the squad left to half the fans. 😀

Well no.. it’s about picking your best team for the here and now. Don’t care if he wants to move players on as long as we at least try and bring in replacements that are the same level or better 

and you don’t do it mid season you do it at the right time which he appears to have no awareness of. Another 3 goals conceded today.. how many times have we done that with Westwood and Hutchinson on the pitch? Not many.. bottom line is Dawson and Pelupessy aren’t good enough and it’s a joke this clown picks them instead 

16 hours ago, trevdi9 said:

//www.sheffieldwednesday.news/analysis/want-me-to-leave-wednesdays-westwood-and-hutchinson-arent-the-only-players-banished-by-ruthless-monk/

Some of the naysayers on here should read this.

I still want to give the man a chance while we are in transition to his philosophy.

Guest LondonOwl313
19 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

You didn't read it then.

Eh? It talked about excluding players mid season everywhere he’s been. Why would anyone sensible do that as it’s just the wrong way of managing people. If anything ‘owlbiseeinthi’ is the illiterate one lol..

3 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Eh? It talked about excluding players mid season everywhere he’s been. Why would anyone sensible do that as it’s just the wrong way of managing people. If anything ‘owlbiseeinthi’ is the illiterate one lol..

Well done. It did. Nowhere was it critical of him doing that. Some of the players mentioned were a bit miffed, but understood it's part of football. Some fought to prove a point.

The vast majority didn't achieve anything at the same level after moving on, so was he wrong in dropping them?

Does it matter when he chooses to tell players they are not in his plans?

I would have thought just before the transfer window is exactly the right time as he's done here to give them a chance to move on.

Comprehension is not everyone's strong point it would seem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Well done. It did. Nowhere was it critical of him doing that. Some of the players mentioned were a bit miffed, but understood it's part of football. Some fought to prove a point.

The vast majority didn't achieve anything at the same level after moving on, so was he wrong in dropping them?

Does it matter when he chooses to tell players they are not in his plans?

I would have thought just before the transfer window is exactly the right time as he's done here to give them a chance to move on.

Comprehension is not everyone's strong point it would seem.

Not read it, but did the other clubs season implode when he did it? We were third. Now, hopefully we don’t go down.

26 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Not read it, but did the other clubs season implode when he did it? We were third. Now, hopefully we don’t go down.

We were already in trouble then if our entire success rested on two crocks. I'm sure Monk expected to be accepting an offer on both of them, but the fact nothing transpired says a lot about their currency.

At some point the manager needs to break the cycle we've been in for years. In his interview he explained why some do not fit his plans. We have to stop coverting players long past their sell by date, move them on and bring in new blood. That is football and always has been football and not doing that has led us to our FFP woes.

The sooner fans realise and accept we are now in transition the better.

58 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

We were already in trouble then if our entire success rested on two crocks. I'm sure Monk expected to be accepting an offer on both of them, but the fact nothing transpired says a lot about their currency.

At some point the manager needs to break the cycle we've been in for years. In his interview he explained why some do not fit his plans. We have to stop coverting players long past their sell by date, move them on and bring in new blood. That is football and always has been football and not doing that has led us to our FFP woes.

The sooner fans realise and accept we are now in transition the better.

3rd to 12 in how many weeks? Great transition. Let’s hope it doesn’t continue. 

Hopefully yesterday was some sort of turning point from “WTF was that?” To “at least we are scoring goals again”.

If we can get a couple of positive results this week then definitely keep Monk in charge whilst the EFL matter is being resolved.

Be all change in the summer anyway, boardroom and dugout 

11 hours ago, stanningtonowl said:

3rd to 12 in how many weeks? Great transition. Let’s hope it doesn’t continue. 

Again, we got there relying on one player who gets injured regularly to score our goals. Once he was out of the picture we saw our true level.

It can't go on like this.