The opening goal today..

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Dawson its been decided so get off the guys back 

Blame him when he's at fault but to try pin that goal on him is just bizarre 

Avoiding the question? In your opinion, West or Dawson?

As regards get off his back, I'm not in the dressing room with him, having constant digs. I'm commenting on a footie forum. It what these boards are for.

Edited by Nigel Farage

Dawson its been decided so get off the guys back 

Blame him when he's at fault but to try pin that goal on him is just bizarre 

actually Nigel Farage didn’t.  He questioned the command of his area.  The goal was clearly Murphy’s fault, aided by lees shocking positioning.  But without having an attacker stood on him, Dawson’s got himself boxed in, poorly sighted and on his heels.  That’s not blaming, moreover constructive criticism.  Weaver really has to have a look at how he’s progressing Dawson’s mentality and decision making imho. 

4 minutes ago, Nigel Farage said:

Avoiding the question? In your opinion, West or Dawson?

As regards get off his back, I'm not in the dressing room with him, having constant digs. I'm commenting on a footie forum. It what these boards are for.

My opinion doesn't matter neither does yours 

Personally as it seems to be important to i'd play a fit Westwood every game but that doesn't mean i don't think that Dawson is a more than decent keeper 

I can't get my head around the fact that because a player that people would prefer was playing isn't that the one in possession is useless

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

actually Nigel Farage didn’t.  He questioned the command of his area.  The goal was clearly Murphy’s fault, aided by lees shocking positioning.  But without having an attacker stood on him, Dawson’s got himself boxed in, poorly sighted and on his heels.  That’s not blaming, moreover constructive criticism.  Weaver really has to have a look at how he’s progressing Dawson’s mentality and decision making imho. 

ye rite thats what he meant which is why the retort was Westy or Dawson 

50 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

What the actual fizz is Murphy trying to do?

Schoolboy stuff from Lee

Dawson commanding his area as ever

tbh, i'd be very disappointed if a decent schoolboy made the error lee makes, ALL a defender on the post has to do is stand next to it, and hold it so he knows how big the gap is, thus not allowing the ball to pass, until the cry 'OUT, GET OUT' comes.

SHOCKING, even for wednesday.

ye rite thats what he meant which is why the retort was Westy or Dawson 

or he was inviting you to compare the two in terms of commanding the area?

for what it’s worth, I still have Dawson ahead of Westwood in the pecking order, however Dawson has to show better intent and decision making if he’s to improve on his obvious natural ability 

3 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

tbh, i'd be very disappointed if a decent schoolboy made the error lee makes, ALL a defender on the post has to do is stand next to it, and hold it so he knows how big the gap is, thus not allowing the ball to pass, until the cry 'OUT, GET OUT' comes.

SHOCKING, even for wednesday.

if my 15 year old did what Lee did, he’d have a bloodied nose at half time 

Just now, Hirstys Salopettes said:

or he was inviting you to compare the two in terms of commanding the area?

for what it’s worth, I still have Dawson ahead of Westwood in the pecking order, however Dawson has to show better intent and decision making if he’s to improve on his obvious natural ability 

Dawson like the rest of the team has to shoulder his share of blame for the last few weeks but no way on earth was he at fault for that goal

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

My opinion doesn't matter neither does yours 

Personally as it seems to be important to i'd play a fit Westwood every game but that doesn't mean i don't think that Dawson is a more than decent keeper 

I can't get my head around the fact that because a player that people would prefer was playing isn't that the one in possession is useless

Not sure I said he was useless. Dawson's made some key errors at key moments of recent games. The cohesion of the defence seems so insecure, compared to a few games ago, granted Dawson was playing in those games also.

Dawson may turn out to be an excellent keeper but at the moment he's a liability and needs to know that the keepers jersey is not his by right. May do him a lot of good if he's dropped, like Monk has done to the outfield players on numerous occasions. At times, he looks lost, shaky and nervous. IMO, this is having an effect on the defenders in front of him.

26 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

if my 15 year old did what Lee did, he’d have a bloodied nose at half time 

tbh, IF that had gone on in 15 year old's football, he'd have a right f***in'.

the fact that utter simplistic shyte like that keeps getting past, shows the calibre and depth of clearout needed.

if he been pissdup and leaning on the post, it's highly likely it would have hit him.

IF THIS is the level of childish performance we can expect from people pulling on our club shirt, then it is going woefully in the wrong direction.

23 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Pap goal to concede.

Any mention of Dawson blame is pretty desperate though

Agree, he can't be expecting his own player to slice it towards the far post and his man on the post to wander off the post at the crucial time.

It's another 3 goals conceded though and generally the lack of responsibility and leadership is alarming. We've tried different formations, different defenders, Lees, Borner and now Iorfa have all had time out and it makes no difference. The keepers place it seems is not under threat and it doesn't looked as though that is making him play with an assured level of confidence.  

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Agree, he can't be expecting his own player to slice it towards the far post and his man on the post to wander off the post at the crucial time.

It's another 3 goals conceded though and generally the lack of responsibility and leadership is alarming. We've tried different formations, different defenders, Lees, Borner and now Iorfa have all had time out and it makes no difference. The keepers place it seems is not under threat and it doesn't looked as though that is making him play with an assured level of confidence.  

The form of the defenders has been alarming. Borner has looked leaden footed of late. Lees. ...has looked lost. Though ironically I thought was our best header today. Fox had been a miss IMO.

I'm not sure what will help Dawsons confidence levels. Im sure if he starts ro really be hit bad mentally with it all though the manager will take him out of the firing line and give Wildsmith a run.

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

The form of the defenders has been alarming. Borner has looked leaden footed of late. Lees. ...has looked lost. Though ironically I thought was our best header today. Fox had been a miss IMO.

I'm not sure what will help Dawsons confidence levels. Im sure if he starts ro really be hit bad mentally with it all though the manager will take him out of the firing line and give Wildsmith a run.

Wildsmith has done nothing in the academy games to suggest he deserves a first team chance at the moment. Not sure why we signed this Jones guy if he can't get a look in when the keepers are out of form. 

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Wildsmith has done nothing in the academy games to suggest he deserves a first team chance at the moment. Not sure why we signed this Jones guy if he can't get a look in when the keepers are out of form. 

I can't really comment on Wildsmith as I've only seen him in 2 full academy games this season.

He got hammered for a goal in one of them. Though to be fair to him I don't think any keeper on Earth expects his centre half to perform a dummy instead of a clearance in the 6 yard box as a shot arrows in to the far stick 😲

Edited by Lord Snooty