your Ticket prices

18 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

You see, even when we do drop the prices, we don't fill the place up any more.  We just don't have that many regular match going fans these days.  Not until we start winning anyway.

by putting prices up to 'silly money' you give people a good reason for not attending, once that happens you need one hell of a good reason to get them back again.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, modboy said:

It's twenty years since we were in the PL.

There's students at uni born after we lost our top flight status.

Whole rethink needed by all involved at swfc

I'm in no way suggesting our way is right (it isn't). I was simply explaining the difference.  Brentford are an incredibly well run club, but they are in the minority.  And it's very hard to reach the state they have.  Southampton did it too but then it started to fall apart a bit and they seem to be struggling to regain it lately.

4 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

I wouldn't, I'd finance decent contracts for good players

The holy grail basically.  How do you find these "good" players that are willing to work for "decent" money?  It doesn't fund itself.  And it doesn't happen quickly.

If the club decides to go that way (and personally I think it should) then it will take a lot of investment both financially and in time.  It's also not a given that you can recruit the right people behind the scenes to make it happen and make it work.  It's a complete bottom up reworking of the club.  You'd be probably looking at double figures in numbers of staff required.  Then you'd have to hope they work well together.  That's before they've even found, signed and trained a single player.  We need a whole new squad too.  It's a massive undertaking.

Just not bothered...

3 hours ago, dorian gray said:

by putting prices up to 'silly money' you give people a good reason for not attending, once that happens you need one hell of a good reason to get them back again.

I agree to an extent.  But had we still been in 3rd in the league (as we were 2 months ago) then people wouldn't be moaning as much.

It's a really tough situation, nobody wants to see fans priced out of the game.  But equally nobody wants to watch Darren Potter and James O'Conner!

Just not bothered...