The timing of all this

3 hours ago, should know better said:

Stats certainly show the bookings (10) but given that he tackles more aggressively than most of our players that is not surprising. What may be interesting though is he has less red cards than Luongo and has played nearly twice as many games despite being frozen out for a number. It is quite obvious at this point in time he is fitter than Luongo and dare I say it a much better sitting midfielder, quicker stronger more desire. That desire dislike of losing though may manifest in him having a rant and upset the ones who just want to turn up for a game of football.

I hope Massimo can prove me wrong but much as with Kadeem Harris when the novelty wears off we may see that he is no world beater.

How many of Hutches reds have been recinded?

Hutch though great us an absurd liability especially when he's fired up. 

He either flues in and ends up in a heap, hobbling around for ten minutes afterwards or he's off his feet flying in on someone and you just can't do that these days.  This is and always has been a serious flaw in his game since joining us and it no good for the team.

Yes he makes the odd fantastic tackle but people seem to be forgetting everything else. 

Edited by OwlBiSeeinThi

48 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Depends if it was for the same reason. 

If they were pulling the same shenanigans with him as they have Monk, then you are probably right. Makes Bully look a bit of fool for bringing them straight back too.

I'd love to hear Luhukay's take on his time here, particularly what went on with the likes of Hutchinson and Westwood.

It does seem like the fact it's happening again with the same players is buying Monk the kind of sympathy among the fanbase which we didn't afford Luhukay, though.

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

But you forgot to mention GM knows a successful changing room - I am not sure where from maybe he saw that thing on tv about Colin, or Mike Bassett England manager as he has failed at every club he has been at, won nothing, in his playing career that spanned 19 years he played just 281 games or an average of just 15 games a season either he had lots of injuries or just was not good enough to play.

So unless you have been a world class footballer you will never be able to be a successful manager.

You didn't co-write a book with Carlos did you? lol

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'd love to hear Luhukay's take on his time here, particularly what went on with the likes of Hutchinson and Westwood.

It does seem like the fact it's happening again with the same players is buying Monk the kind of sympathy among the fanbase which we didn't afford Luhukay, though.

The local media also were not respectful or pleasant to Luhukay. Partly because he had difficulty with the language and expressing himself. Funny that Monk gets some understanding, even on here,  while Jos got none. And Jos was forced to play some young players anyhow, making things more difficult than Monk has experienced,  because of the 14 injuries in the squad.

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

With Hutchinson?

The last game he played was the win at QPR in which he got an assist and generally played well. Hasn't been seen since (which can just about be said for the central midfielders who have actually played in the games since then).

Rumoured that during that game Monk was ranting and raving from the touchline at Hutchinson for playing too deep and was being ignored. This lead to a big bust up.

13 minutes ago, darra said:

Rumoured that during that game Monk was ranting and raving from the touchline at Hutchinson for playing too deep and was being ignored. This lead to a big bust up.

Well if that's the case I'm glad the alternative choices in midfield have been doing as they are told as it has worked a treat......

It's not that either Hutchinson or Westwood have to be seen as some kind of answer to all our problems, squad game as it is they can only ever play their own little part at most anyway, but for me, it's more about why the need to, seemingly, put them beyond selection at all.

Especially so in Hutchinson's case. I find it easier to swallow Monk's words in Westwood's case, but it's harder in Hutchinson's because it's not like we really have a player that could even be plausibly considered to be an able deputy.

With Westwood, I can actually believe there really hasn't been any kind of argument leading up to this, with Hutchinson though, I just find it very difficult to believe.

7 hours ago, victorturner said:

Nothing confidential about telling us what the KW injury is, nor saying "we are getting a consultant/ another scan  to look at this". 

Does it really matter though?

And would Westwood himself really want his injury details sprayed around the media at a time when he'll clearly be looking for a new club to join?

Its more than likely a minor thing, but that an agreement that injuries dont get talked about in detail to affect his future career.

To be honest, the constant questions to Monk about it in that presser were doing my head in too. 

7 hours ago, Hookowl said:

So unless you have been a world class footballer you will never be able to be a successful manager.

You didn't co-write a book with Carlos did you? lol

No if you read what I said monk talks about knowing a successful changing room for 25 years but he has never been in one.

:bullen:

18 minutes ago, room0035 said:

No if you read what I said monk talks about knowing a successful changing room for 25 years but he has never been in one.

:bullen:

Didn't he captain a side from league 2 to the Premier league? 

Then captained a side in the Premier league, before having a good managerial record in the top division? 

Guest LondonOwl313
12 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Didn't he captain a side from league 2 to the Premier league? 

Then captained a side in the Premier league, before having a good managerial record in the top division? 

Yes he did to his credit.. i went on his Wikipedia page to check and read the whole thing, but a couple of things stood out for me.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garry_Monk

Apparently didn’t see eye to eye with Paulo Sousa and criticised his training methods and tactics as not good enough. Surely this isn’t the sort of thing you should be doing even if you think it... points to him being publicly confrontational when it’s unnecessary. Another example of that is the Pep Clotet thing

Excluded some senior players at Birmingham and heard he did the same at Middlesbrough. Surely exclusion from the squad should be a last resort even if you’re going to let a player go.. they should be available for selection until they actually leave. Daft way of dealing with things 

Seems to have a decent little spell everywhere he’s gone at first but by the end of the first season he’s had another run of 1 win in 10 or similar and then lost his job. He’s done it here.. did it at Birmingham last year, only lasted 6 months at Middlesbrough, collapsed at Leeds at the critical moment. The one exception where he’s managed to get through a full season without a drop in form was his first season at Swansea and even then, he went on a similar run after about 18 months and got sacked.

It doesn’t bode well to me as there’s no point in getting decent results for 3/4s of the season if the other quarter you’re going to be dire every season. You’ll never win a promotion if it can’t be sustained the whole year.

So the more I read the more I want him to go. Got no confidence he’ll be able to rebuild the squad effectively and if he does stay and bring in his own players next year I’ve got no confidence he’d be able to keep performances up for 46 games as the evidence is against that. On top of that, don’t like his lack of people skills or see the need to exclude players. Plus the style of play isn’t good, it’s boring to watch and not enough goals. Also makes poor substitutions frequently and the formations are all over the place.

Why waste any more time on the wrong person for the job.. got to go for me 

14 hours ago, davey_wells said:

Does it really matter though?

And would Westwood himself really want his injury details sprayed around the media at a time when he'll clearly be looking for a new club to join?

Its more than likely a minor thing, but that an agreement that injuries dont get talked about in detail to affect his future career.

To be honest, the constant questions to Monk about it in that presser were doing my head in too. 

Understand those points but it is not normally secret why a player is injured. With Fletcher, another veteran, GM was offering personal opinions about his injury and suggesting its nature even before a proper medical diagnosis after Brighton and previously we had numerous comments about his knee trouble. There could be sound reasons for secrecy if it's very personal though.