3 Points on Saturday - and more to come.

In amongst all the talk of poor runs and underperforming players - alongside the real issues of people's mental health - I reckon it's about time that we take a look at what we DO have.

We - me included - are all spiralling ourselves into a big brown mess talking so defeatist about the club and the players.  Its doing nothing to help the situation, the players or ourselves.

Underneath everything, this is a club that the players want to be at, are proud to play for and who want to be successful at. For many, this will be their biggest and best club that defines their career.  Its not great at all at the moment... but the players have the ability to turn this around - so let's take a different approach and look at things more brightly.

In Cameron Dawson we have someone who has gone from a complete unknown to one of the best young keepers in the league in no time.

We have Iorfa - a true colossus who never gives up on a cause, Borner, the machine, who celebrates a clearance off the line and a SWFC clean sheet like a cup final win, Liam Palmer who has lived and breathed SWFC as boy and man and come out the other side fighting and Morgan Fox, one of the most resilient players I've seen in years for this club, someone who would run through brick walls for the team.

We've got Barry Bannan, with terrier attitude and his laser-guided passes and crosses, Adam Reach with a left foot like a missile launcher and an engine that doesn't know when to stop running for the team, Lee and Luongo who find space and time like the very best in the land and Kadeem Harris who plays like his life depends on him beating his defender again and again and again.

We've got Steven Fletcher with a head made of steel who defies his years to be the best target-man in the league - and Fernando Forestieri with feet like fireworks and shithousery that makes you smile with pride.

And in charge we have Garry Monk - a genuine leader who knows and accepts the huge task in hand and will 100% will not stop working till he makes this a success or gets dragged out - either way the guy does not hide and for that he deserves huge credit.

Theres a time and a place for a bit of negativity - but now isnt it, and I'm not up for carrying it on. 

We're all Wednesday - let's start showing it again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guest Ferkorf

Someones been on the shandys tonight...

I stopped reading at Dawson being one of the top young keepers in the league.

I do like a bit of positivity though I'll give you credit for that

Guest domSWFC

I'm all in for positivity!

It will be men against boys! Borner, Iorfa, Fletcher, warriors of men.

Hatrick for their 16 year old kid.

2 hours ago, davey_wells said:

In amongst all the talk of poor runs and underperforming players - alongside the real issues of people's mental health - I reckon it's about time that we take a look at what we DO have.

We - me included - are all spiralling ourselves into a big brown mess talking so defeatist about the club and the players.  Its doing nothing to help the situation, the players or ourselves.

Underneath everything, this is a club that the players want to be at, are proud to play for and who want to be successful at. For many, this will be their biggest and best club that defines their career.  Its not great at all at the moment... but the players have the ability to turn this around - so let's take a different approach and look at things more brightly.

In Cameron Dawson we have someone who has gone from a complete unknown to one of the best young keepers in the league in no time.

We have Iorfa - a true colossus who never gives up on a cause, Borner, the machine, who celebrates a clearance off the line and a SWFC clean sheet like a cup final win, Liam Palmer who has lived and breathed SWFC as boy and man and come out the other side fighting and Morgan Fox, one of the most resilient players I've seen in years for this club, someone who would run through brick walls for the team.

We've got Barry Bannan, with terrier attitude and his laser-guided passes and crosses, Adam Reach with a left foot like a missile launcher and an engine that doesn't know when to stop running for the team, Lee and Luongo who find space and time like the very best in the land and Kadeem Harris who plays like his life depends on him beating his defender again and again and again.

We've got Steven Fletcher with a head made of steel who defies his years to be the best target-man in the league - and Fernando Forestieri with feet like fireworks and shithousery that makes you smile with pride.

And in charge we have Garry Monk - a genuine leader who knows and accepts the huge task in hand and will 100% will not stop working till he makes this a success or gets dragged out - either way the guy does not hide and for that he deserves huge credit.

Theres a time and a place for a bit of negativity - but now isnt it, and I'm not up for carrying it on. 

If only it was true.

3 hours ago, davey_wells said:

tenor.gif?itemid=15719538

We may well win, even bad teams win eventually. All well and good saying what good players they are, but if they can't be bothered to run, pass or tackle then we lose.

Applaud your positivity though. 

This is all down to the players attitude, even the ones who are coming out of contract who I would have thought would try so as to get another club.

Guest Bulgaria
10 hours ago, domSWFC said:

Hatrick for their 16 year old kid.

Didn't a nipper for Birmingham score a few against us a few years ago?

Jessie Lingard maybe?

We have got Sam Hutchinson - one of the best CDM in the league and but for his injuries would have had a career in the Prem.

We have Fernando Forestieri - a class player who on his day is one of the best players in the league.

We have Conor Wickham - A player who just clicks with the club in that unexplainable way some players/managers do.

With a strong manager we could get the best out of these players and have a genuine chance of promotion to the premier league. Unfortunately we have a manager who prides himself in making players who aren't up to championship football (Palmer and Fox) better than average. Whilst this is a good trait I would much rather have a manger who could get the best out of quality.

That is not a dig at Palmer or Fox whos efforts (particular Fox) should be applauded.

15 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Think we will lose 3-1 mesen.

Is it sad that I would be happy with that? At least we would have scored a goal. That's a step in the right direction (hopefully it would have been scored by one of our own players and would count as a shot on target).

Perhaps i'm too easily pleased.lol

24 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

We have got Sam Hutchinson - one of the best CDM in the league and but for his injuries would have had a career in the Prem.

We have Fernando Forestieri - a class player who on his day is one of the best players in the league.

We have Conor Wickham - A player who just clicks with the club in that unexplainable way some players/managers do.

With a strong manager we could get the best out of these players and have a genuine chance of promotion to the premier league. Unfortunately we have a manager who prides himself in making players who aren't up to championship football (Palmer and Fox) better than average. Whilst this is a good trait I would much rather have a manger who could get the best out of quality.

That is not a dig at Palmer or Fox whos efforts (particular Fox) should be applauded.

What's Big Ron doing these days.

32 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Hope I'm wrong Dutch but I have a bad feeling about Wickham this time. Looks way off the pace.

Guest LittleG
15 hours ago, davey_wells said:

I love your enthusiasm and the graphic descriptions of the players; for one minute I nearly subscribed.

2 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

Didn't a nipper for Birmingham score a few against us a few years ago?

Jessie Lingard maybe?

I'll never forget a (edit- Jorde Ibe) 15 year old kid scoring against us at Wycombe some years back, went over to celebrate with his mum & dad and was booked for it.
We won 2-1 so all round happy to watch a kid score against us like that.

Nob of a ref mind.

Edited by BowOwl