The Expanse

i used to be sc_owl

Just finished binging first four seasons on Amazon. Best sci-fi show on TV. 

For those who haven’t heard of it, The Expanse is set centuries in the future and humanity has colonised the system. It’s a gritty, political intrigue/action show. Almost like Game of Thrones in space, but in a good way. 

It’s also as close to hard science as you will get in a work of fiction with the technobabble dialled down to a minimum. 

7 hours ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

We have 3 eps left on Season 4, agree it's really great, was happy it got a second life on Amazon, shame Dark Matter didn't get that chance we loved that one as well :(

Never tried Dark Matter. 

Going to start on the books for The Expanse shortly. 

On 19/02/2020 at 21:20, i used to be sc_owl said:

Just finished binging first four seasons on Amazon. Best sci-fi show on TV. 

For those who haven’t heard of it, The Expanse is set centuries in the future and humanity has colonised the system. It’s a gritty, political intrigue/action show. Almost like Game of Thrones in space, but in a good way. 

It’s also as close to hard science as you will get in a work of fiction with the technobabble dialled down to a minimum. 

Agreed.  Books are great too

Best mate loves this so much, finished all the books and the series. Made a point to me of trying to stop your ship in space and how realistic it is made in The Expanse. I finished first season, liked it, but it never hooked me, although I'm a huge fan of Daniel Abraham - mastermind behind it all.

Renewed for season six and then cancelled. 

Spoiler

Cas Anvar will not return for S6 which many people think is linked to his sexual misconduct allegations.

Books 7-9 in the series would be difficult to put to screen due to how bats*** crazy it gets and the thirty year time jump after book 6.

Still gutted though...

Season 6 starts in less than a week. 

Also, just finished the final book.

Spoiler

What a crazy end…

Predicted most of the major plot points re: the rings, the builders, the goths and Amos. Gutted didn’t get Muskrat POV chapters like I’d been asking for. 

Not sure how they could do the Laconia arc justice on TV, but would love to see the Magnetar class ships on screen.  

Season Six, Episode One…

Enjoyed it. Some nice build up, but if it’s going to continue the slow burn I can’t see how they’ll wrap this up in five more episodes. 

Also, they’re teasing us with the 

Spoiler

Laconia Arc, and the advanced ship in orbit, and the Strange Dogs…