Jos Monk

9 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't think Monk can complain if he loses his job, cant keep losing comfortably to average sides and expect to keep your job.
But cant see anyone doing a whole lot better with the current crop of players who have an over inflated opinion of themselves.

I'm not sure he wants the job anymore.

His reasoning about why Hutchinson finds himself unlikely to be picked again doesn't really even stack up.

Up to his exclusion, he'd missed only two league games this season due to injury, and three due to suspension.

Compare that to the number of times Luongo's picked up an injury this season. His absences have been far more disruptive this season and he's not managed more than three consecutive games for us.

Are we to assume that if Monk, true to word, is only going on his time at the club and not on 'past CVs', that we'll not see Luongo selected any more either?

18 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

Yet you still continue. You see the irony?

I have some numbers you may find useful to get the help you need.

And. . . . . . your back trying to carry on and fuel an argument that doesn't exist.

Like I have pointed out numerous times 'Arguing with a fool only proves there are 2'.

:tango:

"It's not the manager . I don't know how many managers I have had since I have been here but this manager, I will speak on behalf of the team, he's a  top manager. He wants to win.

A massive thing for players is your manager wanting to win, he's been there, he's done it.

That criticism (of him) needs to stop now, the manager stuff. It's nothing to do with the manager.

We (players) need to start taking the blame now, because previous managers got it.

Some fair some not.

I have worked under a lot of managers and from that changing room there, everyone is behind him.

Fans are fans, they are going to have their say but for me personally I think he's a very good manager."

Barry Bannan - 23/02/20

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

"It's not the manager . I don't know how many managers I have had since I have been here but this manager, I will speak on behalf of the team, he's a  top manager. He wants to win.

A massive thing for players is your manager wanting to win, he's been there, he's done it.

That criticism (of him) needs to stop now, the manager stuff. It's nothing to do with the manager.

We (players) need to start taking the blame now, because previous managers got it.

Some fair some not.

I have worked under a lot of managers and from that changing room there, everyone is behind him.

Fans are fans, they are going to have their say but for me personally I think he's a very good manager."

Barry Bannan - 23/02/20

ah...... that makes it a tad awkward for a few on here

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Some fair some not.

Barry Bannan - 23/02/20

Always take the players praising the manager in public with a pinch of salt.
They were hardly paying for Monk in the games I saw before Wednesday night.
I am personally ambivalent if Monks is here next season or not, but if he is the club must allow him to bring in a coupe of his backroom staff.

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Always take the players praising the manager in public with a pinch of salt.
They were hardly paying for Monk in the games I saw before Wednesday night.
I am personally ambivalent if Monks is here next season or not, but if he is the club must allow him to bring in a coupe of his backroom staff.

Well there's very few that come out in public and slate the manager, true enough.

Though coming out in support of him without much prompting does make me wonder if it's actually a genuine call to back off.

On 19/02/2020 at 17:15, OasisOwl72 said:

Jos     PL 48 W 16 D 13 L 19 PTS 61  1.27 per game

Monk PL 27 W 9  D  8  L 10  PTS 35  1.29 per game (defeat at Birmingham 1.25 per game)

10 games before  Jos    W 1 D 4 L 5  PTS  7  0.7  per game

10 games before Monk W 4 D 2 L 4  PTS 14  1.4 per game

Jos inherited a team that had picked up 0.7 points per game in the last 10 under Carlos/Bullen. Jos went on to gain 1.4 points per game. A 100% incline.

Monk inherited a team that had picked up 1.4 points per game in the last 10 under Bullen/Bruce. Monk is currently on 1.27 point per game. A 9% decline.

Players similar albeit 18 months older. A major difference is that Jos hasn’t hinted publicly which players he wants and which he doesn’t unlike Monk .

More worryingly Monks last 10  W 1 D2 L 7  PTS 5  0.5 per game 23 points over a season and rock bottom of the league in any season.

That will be all your honour.

Not that long ago managers were measured over a few seasons, now its ten games