Jos Monk

Jos wasn't amazing but he had joao and nuhiu play their best in their careers for a period, so must have had something about him

Monk hasn't improved anyone, he has been here long enough now to show some sort of plan, even if he doesn't want the players he's got 

Monk is 100 times worse than jos that's how bad he is 

4 hours ago, OasisOwl72 said:

Jos     PL 48 W 16 D 13 L 19 PTS 61  1.27 per game

Monk PL 27 W 9  D  8  L 10  PTS 35  1.29 per game (defeat at Birmingham 1.25 per game)

10 games before  Jos    W 1 D 4 L 5  PTS  7  0.7  per game

10 games before Monk W 4 D 2 L 4  PTS 14  1.4 per game

Jos inherited a team that had picked up 0.7 points per game in the last 10 under Carlos/Bullen. Jos went on to gain 1.4 points per game. A 100% incline.

Monk inherited a team that had picked up 1.4 points per game in the last 10 under Bullen/Bruce. Monk is currently on 1.27 point per game. A 9% decline.

Players similar albeit 18 months older. A major difference is that Jos hasn’t hinted publicly which players he wants and which he doesn’t unlike Monk .

More worryingly Monks last 10  W 1 D2 L 7  PTS 5  0.5 per game 23 points over a season and rock bottom of the league in any season.

That will be all your honour.

I hope this testicles didn't take you long to do, nice font though. 

1 hour ago, Andrew6666 said:

I hope this testicles didn't take you long to do, nice font though. 

Testicles? 

They are facts. Point I was making that appears to have been missed is that Jos was rightly sacked and yet Monk is as bad and yet appears to divided opinion amongst our fan base as to whether he should stay. He is clearly part of numerous other problems but ultimately not part of the solution and needs to go. 

11 hours ago, OasisOwl72 said:

Testicles? 

They are facts. Point I was making that appears to have been missed is that Jos was rightly sacked and yet Monk is as bad and yet appears to divided opinion amongst our fan base as to whether he should stay. He is clearly part of numerous other problems but ultimately not part of the solution and needs to go. 

Missing the bigger picture, the more intelligent fans can see that the manager isn't the main problem at the club at the present time. But we can keep on sacking managers and paying them off, whilst continuously languishing in Mid table in the Championship, and reading threads like this every 6 months when results change.

You also missed these comparisons of the two managers in question, why did both Jos and Monk remove 2 specific players from a squad with rumours circulating of a toxic squad atmosphere.

The comparison that neither were given/had money to spend.

Neither were/have been given time to bring in their players.

Both were acting under looming FFP restrictions.

Sacking another manager is like putting band aid on a broken leg.

44 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Missing the bigger picture, the more intelligent fans can see that the manager isn't the main problem at the club at the present time. But we can keep on sacking managers and paying them off, whilst continuously languishing in Mid table in the Championship, and reading threads like this every 6 months when results change.

You also missed these comparisons of the two managers in question, why did both Jos and Monk remove 2 specific players from a squad with rumours circulating of a toxic squad atmosphere.

He is absolutely a problem - not the only problem I fully agree, but anybody who's watched us play since Christmas (not that we were particularly convincing in most games before then either) must acknowledge that him knowing neither his best lineup nor formation and seemingly having no tactics other than hoof it and hope something happens, whilst getting 5 points from 10 games (including 2 points from 9 games against mediocre or poor opposition, many of which were in dire form themselves when we played them), scoring just 1 goal and conceding 11 in 5 home games, and getting 1 point from the 4 away games against clubs that were either bottom or second bottom in the league at the time, whilst plummeting down the league inspires no confidence in the manager whatsoever.  If we were actually playing well but not picking up the results I'd be more tolerant, but even the most optimistic of supporters knows that the performances and "style" of play is as bloody awful as the recent results. Denial of these plain facts doesn't make someone a "more intelligent fan", but quite the opposite.

Yes, like Jos he's fallen out with Westwood and Hutchinson, they're probably difficult characters to handle, but Gray, Carvalhal, Bullen and Bruce seemed to manage them OK so perhaps Jos and Monk just aren't very good at man management. And removing them from the squad has had no positive effect on results and performances, but quite the opposite. The OP's point was that his record so far is equally as bad as Jos (who at least had the number of injuries as an excuse), who was rightly sacked.

And despite this, some people insist that we give Monk the rest of the season as relegation looks ever more possible even without the looming points deduction, and then trust him with a major rebuilding job in the summer? A man who spent £45-50m and made Middlesbrough worse? 

35 minutes ago, alanharper said:

He is absolutely a problem - not the only problem I fully agree, but anybody who's watched us play since Christmas (not that we were particularly convincing in most games before then either) must acknowledge that him knowing neither his best lineup nor formation and seemingly having no tactics other than hoof it and hope something happens, whilst getting 5 points from 10 games (including 2 points from 9 games against mediocre or poor opposition, many of which were in dire form themselves when we played them), scoring just 1 goal and conceding 11 in 5 home games, and getting 1 point from the 4 away games against clubs that were either bottom or second bottom in the league at the time, whilst plummeting down the league inspires no confidence in the manager whatsoever.  If we were actually playing well but not picking up the results I'd be more tolerant, but even the most optimistic of supporters knows that the performances and "style" of play is as bloody awful as the recent results. Denial of these plain facts doesn't make someone a "more intelligent fan", but quite the opposite.

Yes, like Jos he's fallen out with Westwood and Hutchinson, they're probably difficult characters to handle, but Gray, Carvalhal, Bullen and Bruce seemed to manage them OK so perhaps Jos and Monk just aren't very good at man management. And removing them from the squad has had no positive effect on results and performances, but quite the opposite. The OP's point was that his record so far is equally as bad as Jos (who at least had the number of injuries as an excuse), who was rightly sacked.

And despite this, some people insist that we give Monk the rest of the season as relegation looks ever more possible even without the looming points deduction, and then trust him with a major rebuilding job in the summer? A man who spent £45-50m and made Middlesbrough worse? 

I Don't for a minute think relegation is on the horizon, we are bad at the minute, but there's no way, swfc will continue to lose all the last 13 or one of the bottom three have such an outstanding run of form to suck us onto the bottom 3, just my opinion like. 

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

I Don't for a minute think relegation is on the horizon, we are bad at the minute, but there's no way, swfc will continue to lose all the last 13 or one of the bottom three have such an outstanding run of form to suck us onto the bottom 3, just my opinion like. 

I agree with you as long as we don't get a points deduction which us a real possibility.

I reckon we’re going to see more parallels in future.

Key players will come back from injury and the fear of going down will disappear, whilst the expectation of success will be removed in equal measure

This will lead to an increased performance at the end of the season, but really it just papers over the cracks.

Next season will start and the same weird team selections and baffling substitutions will continue and eventually he’ll get punted around Halloween.

17 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Jos wasn't amazing but he had joao and nuhiu play their best in their careers for a period, so must have had something about him

Monk hasn't improved anyone, he has been here long enough now to show some sort of plan, even if he doesn't want the players he's got 

Monk is 100 times worse than jos that's how bad he is 

Pretty sure Iorfa has improved, its only a couple of weeks ago plenty on here had his value at £12million and saying he’s a future international.

Fox will probably end up being our second best player this season behind fletcher, i would say he’s improved.

Players like bannan, lee, Westwood, hutch, lees, Winnall aren’t going to improve as they are past it. 
Players like Harris, Palmer, Nuhiu aren’t going to improve as they aren’t good enough.

6 hours ago, Andrew6666 said:

OK Nero. What about being “intelligent” enough not to see my words “clearly part of numerous other problems” for you to respond with “the more intelligent fans can see that the manager isn’t the main problem at the club”. See if you are “intelligent” enough to spot where I actually said Monk was the “main problem at the club.”

To remind you, in the last 10 games we’ve obtained 5 points. You carry on fiddling.

• Haha 3

On 19/02/2020 at 18:43, WalthamOwl said:

Jos was a shocking manager. Monk not looking any better at the minute. Hopefully a massive clear out in the summer and getting his own staff in will change that. That’s if he gets that long. Things have got to improve and fast. 

the clear out should include monk..try for Holloway,Warnock,or maybe Cook....please....

3 hours ago, OasisOwl72 said:

OK Nero. What about being “intelligent” enough not to see my words “clearly part of numerous other problems” for you to respond with “the more intelligent fans can see that the manager isn’t the main problem at the club”. See if you are “intelligent” enough to spot where I actually said Monk was the “main problem at the club.”

To remind you, in the last 10 games we’ve obtained 5 points. You carry on fiddling.

:tango:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

The more worrying thing for me is that Joss basically down tools for the last 4-5games, near enough saying sack me, only further step he could have taken was baring his arse to the crowd. 

If Monk has a worse record then we are in the poo big time.

Monk is waiting on one man and one man alone to save his job. 

Steven Fletcher......