Cha-Cha-Chansiri

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Ticket prices up 50%, shirts prices up 50%+, in match prices increase, the 1867 plan, the 10 year season ticket, the rip off 150 anniversary stuff such as the watches etc.

We have no sponsors from companies that have staff, we are his only source of income other than tv revenue.

The £10m he gets in a season from season tickets sales, then wastes half of that for Westwood, Rhodes, Winnall and Hutch to sit in the stands.

I agree with you, none of the above suggests a well run club.  So many decisions made in ignorance, but not really ‘get rich quick’ scams to line his own pockets.  Having said that, ignorance is no real defence and I fear for our future unless Chansiri appoints a team of qualified professionals to take day-to-day control.

2 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

That was plan A. Plan B was to give Bruce a massive contract and let him sort the club from top to bottom. Am sure if he was still here, he would have been in charge of the backroom staff, scouting, transfers and the academy. 

I don't think there has ever been an actual "plan", in the true sense of the word. If there was, it wouldn't take DC an absolute age to make decisions.

Secondly, I've always suspected Bruce was motivated to leave as soon as he witnessed how poorly the club was being run. Bruce was brought in on a one-year rolling contract, which in itself doesn't strike me as DC giving it any long term thinking. Evidence suggests DC isn't going to be letting go of the reigns easily, so I highly doubt he intended to let Bruce (or anyone else) become part of the club's fabric. 

The way DC goes about business is embarrassing. It's all about clever schemes (sponsor yourself, make your own kit, multi year season tickets, etc.). The approach of signing managers strictly on one-year deals is probably just another one of his harebrained ideas. If he had confidence in his choice of manager, show some real intent...

5 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

In Chansiri defence I am not worried if he brought the club to make money, ego boost or to impress his son. 
You have to be realistic and he wasn't going to buy Sheffield Wednesday for his life long love of the club and the city.

95% of other football chairmen are in  for the money and ego boost.

I’m not sure why some fans think otherwise :duntmatter: