Cha-Cha-Chansiri

Guest Bulgaria
12 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Or maybe his son took an interest in the English game, he saw what other rich foreign owners had done and had the means to try and emulate them.

Indeed, and get into the premiership and make shiit loads of money.

1 hour ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

After 3 or 4 or whatever number of years he has been in charge, the fact is, he isn’t going to change tack significantly.  That would be tantamount to a loss of face. 

Probably not going to change, but I'd think a lot more of him if he said 'sorry I messed up' sacked the coaching staff told Monk to bring in who he needs to help him, found 2 or 3 people who know how to run a club to advise him and take their advice. I am dreaming if I think all that will happen:)

A simple comparison of our last two chairman - one a football man not minted but knows how to run a business, over achieved with the squad he had and achieved a midtable side on one of the lowest budgets in the league. The other apparently has loads of money but no one knows from what business other than the company owned by his father and Uncle which he has never worked for and owns less than 1% of the shares. he has spent in excess of £100m+ to make the team worse, have an aging squad, under performing players, other players sat in the stands on big wages unable to play and a team that no longer is able to score goals in the first half o games.

One chairman sacked his manager when 3rd in the league and got the team promoted with the new boss, the other chairman had successive manager here too long and is very slow to make decisions. Currently has a manager with 1 win in 10 games and a team that has gone from 3rd and a point of the automatics to 12th and 15 points off them.

I bet you cannot guess which one is Milan and which one is DC.

Chalk and cheese in terms of running a football, if Milan had had DC money he would have had us in the EPL by now and probably challenging for Europe instead of scrabbling around the championship relegation zone.

DC won't ask for help so I can only see one outcome a continuing decline until we eventually are relegated. But until the fans stop paying the silly prices nothing will change and he will continue milking us for silly money. 

16 minutes ago, room0035 said:

A simple comparison of our last two chairman - one a football man not minted but knows how to run a business, over achieved with the squad he had and achieved a midtable side on one of the lowest budgets in the league. The other apparently has loads of money but no one knows from what business other than the company owned by his father and Uncle which he has never worked for and owns less than 1% of the shares. he has spent in excess of £100m+ to make the team worse, have an aging squad, under performing players, other players sat in the stands on big wages unable to play and a team that no longer is able to score goals in the first half o games.

One chairman sacked his manager when 3rd in the league and got the team promoted with the new boss, the other chairman had successive manager here too long and is very slow to make decisions. Currently has a manager with 1 win in 10 games and a team that has gone from 3rd and a point of the automatics to 12th and 15 points off them.

Chalk and cheese in terms of running a football, if Milan had had DC money he would have had us in the EPL by now and probably challenging for Europe instead of scrabbling around the championship relegation zone.

DC won't ask for help so I can only see one outcome a continuing decline until we eventually are relegated. But until the fans stop paying the silly prices nothing will change and he will continue milking us for silly money. 

Massive fan of MM. Proper football bloke. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, room0035 said:

No you've put it like that.... We're on our way, on our way..... 

3 hours ago, toppOwl said:

So we’re in a bit of a pickle but what has the Chansiri era done for us:

Initial signs were good, new pitch, new scoreboard, improvements pitch side, engagement with fans through forums and steering groups etc better quality players were brought in the impression that this long sleeping giant could finally be woken up. The negative side was the appointment of a relatively unknown quantity of a manager (CC) and the shock, sudden  increase in ticket prices, the unexpected performance of the former eased the shock of the latter. There was some great football culminating in a fantastic but ultimately disappointing day at Wembley, on leaving the ground many fans could see that with a few astute signings the following season could be the one.

Sadly this is where it all went wrong, to this day I have no idea who is responsible for buying players, even asking DC directly resulted in a fudged answer, we needed maybe three key players that window but what we got was a few scattershot buys that then had to be shoehorned in, the key positions we needed filling were still left wanting, yes we again reached the play offs but wiser planning could have given us so much more, in hindsight CC should have been replaced at that stage, he went on to have an awful 3rd season ending in a midway departure. We then move onto another unknown quantity in Jos Luhukay  who appeared to have been brought in to improve discipline, fitness and to tighten up the defence, we finished the season ok with a good home win v Norwich setting things up nicely.

The following season was a disaster, JL tried to go with youth who were clearly not ready and served up some of the worst football seen at S6, the chairman seemed unwilling to sack him until a fans forum turned his hand, his next appointment was his best move yet, experienced campaigner Steve Bruce, optimism was high for the following season until the word Newcastle appeared in the headlines and he was gone. Above all this we have always had the threat off FFP/P&S looming ominously in the background.

I don’t think DC is in this for the money, I think he came with very good intentions but the football world is cruel business and unlike any other, only the very strong or the very lucky survive. He always promised us that he would leave us in a better state than when he took us on, to achieve that now would be a monumental task, the above on reflection looks exactly what it is, a non football man with a wad of cash trying to play Championship Manager.

Where do we go from here? I don’t really know but if DC is to remain, he needs to surround himself the required experience at all levels of the club, I don’t think we’ve hit rock bottom yet but lets hope we are getting properly prepared for the road back.

No Shït Sherlock.    :blink:

28 minutes ago, room0035 said:

28 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Is that really what he’s doing?  I have absolutely no defence for the way he runs the club, it’s a total shambles, but to say he’s milking us tends to suggest this is a money spinner for him.  That’s clearly not the case, and all he seems to be doing right now is throwing away a fair sized chunk of his family’s fortune.  Not sure for how much longer he will be allowed to do this, assuming it’s not his own cash he’s blowing.

Negatives

- alienated fans through increased pricing

- damaged ties with local media with the BBC radio debacle

- reduced reputation within the football community with bizarre sponsorship, uncertainty of FFP which is still to be resolved

- stadium no longer part of the club

- 150th anniversary celebrations

- rumours of infighting and lack of harmony within the squad 

- have at best stood still and at worst regressed on and off the field whilst our city rivals have surpassed us in almost every aspect

- damaged relations with local corporate customers

- kit price has increased significantly despite delays and question marks over design

- reverted to a badge design hardly any preferred over the classic line drawing

- match day experience has gone from poor to abysmal 

Positives

- new scoreboard

- new pitch

I’m out

Beat Hull and he's a god!

In all serious though, He's put his money in, the quality of the players we bought went up and our record transfer fee was broken twice. We had 2 of the best seasons in the last 20 years and we fell just short.

That was plan A. Plan B was to give Bruce a massive contract and let him sort the club from top to bottom. Am sure if he was still here, he would have been in charge of the backroom staff, scouting, transfers and the academy. 

Now we are on the Plan C which doesn't appear to be a plan, with a average manager at best and not much else.

2 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

Is that really what he’s doing?  I have absolutely no defence for the way he runs the club, it’s a total shambles, but to say he’s milking us tends to suggest this is a money spinner for him.  That’s clearly not the case, and all he seems to be doing right now is throwing away a fair sized chunk of his family’s fortune.  Not sure for how much longer he will be allowed to do this, assuming it’s not his own cash he’s blowing.

Ticket prices up 50%, shirts prices up 50%+, in match prices increase, the 1867 plan, the 10 year season ticket, the rip off 150 anniversary stuff such as the watches etc.

We have no sponsors from companies that have staff, we are his only source of income other than tv revenue.

The £10m he gets in a season from season tickets sales, then wastes half of that for Westwood, Rhodes, Winnall and Hutch to sit in the stands.