Personally, I’d take him. He was playing to the gallery when he said he’d love to manage us to take us down. He’s the most successful manager at this level along with Bruce, and will not be getting him.

I think some elements of the fan base would never accept him though, so I don’t think it would ever happen.  It would also be another sign of short term thinking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparky74 said:

The man who once said he’ll love the job just to take us down.

Yes we may go down anyway, but we don’t want to be giving him the pleasure of doing it.

Some gullible folk on here 

Nigel Pearson once diplomatically said he wouldn't manage us and that is now set in stone also

Just stick with Monk, where has constant change got us. Would be a better option to appoint a Director of Football with a plan  who has the experience. Got to say Monk has got little to work with.

40 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think Warnock would be professional but if it didn't work out the crowd would quickly turn on him and you would have agent Warnock jokes. 

Must say I couldn't cope with agent Warnock jokes ....so hurtful 

• Haha 1

Can’t stand the bloke and wouldn’t want him anywhere near hillsborough, he’s well past his sell by date and is better off retired. The guy is anti-Football and his win at all costs philosophy is an ancient relic of English kick and rush. People like Warnock are better consigned to history or in his case a high security Care Home.

It’s vomit inducing to imagine that p!ss stain of a  bloke holding a Wednesday scarf up and grinning to the press.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, owl84 said:

Since we last changed manager very few different/new options have become available. 

One man who has become available is Neil Warnock. He’s said (again) he wants one more job and was very close to going to Boro but they picked up.

If we were to change managers I’m sure he’d throw his hat in the ring for the job. Would Wednesday fans accept / be happy if the club was to appoint him? Knowing his association with them across the city. 

No.

31 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Let's be realistic. Warnock is arguably the best championship manager we have seen. He takes tired, washed up players and gets them playing.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that he would get us playing gritty resolute football with a keen desire to win. There is no way he would let his legacy be ruined by purposely taking us down. People must be off their rockers if they think that.

Imagine his legacy if he took us up. He'd be the king of sheffield. 

No he wouldn't.

4 minutes ago, A12owl said:

No he wouldn't.

Twenty years and counting 

Dont you ever get sick of losing ?

Unfortunately there will be one huge problem in attracting a new manager.

That is the way that the chairman runs the club.

Apart from a man who would look at the job purely from a financial aspect, no body will consider the job. 

SWFC have a huge potential to be successful but with the current owners way of running the club it will never be achieved. He has proved that he will not or is unable to change to the proper way to run a football club.

Perhaps the same as players loose confidence in a manager then a manager has to have confidence in the owner/ chairman to do his job properly.

I fear that until we have a change of ownership we will not attract a good manager or good players.

Apparently DC does read OT but is not taking any notice of the fans pleas to change the way he runs the club or to sell up and let someone else get on with the job of getting us back into the big time.

Warming to the idea of big Sam!

Think he'd come if we gave him same deal as Bruce.

How many on here have actually spoke to him ,I have and he is quite funny ,If asked to come here he would do a good job ,He said to me Wednesday are a great club ,And would love to manage them.

• Like 2

Ritchie Wellens has Swindon Town top of league 2. Spent no money working for a divisive owner. He has united the fanbase and has them playing good football. 

Ryan Lowe did a great job at Bury and now has Plymouth in the top 3 in league 2. Wednesday connection too (obviously). 

Gareth Ainsworth has Wycombe in a promotion race in league one. Punching way above there weight in a league with some big clubs. 

All 3 would be a gamble and all 3 would need to be given time. The job Ainsworth is doing is remarkable! 

• Like 1

No, it would just give United fans more ammo if we did go down, I can see the agent Warnock images now.

10 minutes ago, the monk said:

Twenty years and counting 

Dont you ever get sick of losing ?

There is absolutely no guarantee that Warnock would make things better. As many of the players we have were here in the blunt/Warnock era they would probably resent him as much as many of our supporters .

2 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

How many on here have actually spoke to him ,I have and he is quite funny ,If asked to come here he would do a good job ,He said to me Wednesday are a great club ,And would love to manage them.

How many had you had to believe his sarcasm.

3 minutes ago, HighworthOwl said:

Ritchie Wellens has Swindon Town top of league 2. Spent no money working for a divisive owner. He has united the fanbase and has them playing good football. 

Ryan Lowe did a great job at Bury and now has Plymouth in the top 3 in league 2. Wednesday connection too (obviously). 

Gareth Ainsworth has Wycombe in a promotion race in league one. Punching way above there weight in a league with some big clubs. 

All 3 would be a gamble and all 3 would need to be given time. The job Ainsworth is doing is remarkable! 

They are not working for Chansiri though.

Don't we have a manager, or have I missed something ?

I’d take him. One of few men who I’d be confident could get us out of this predicament.

But there’s no way out fans would wear it, so it’s a non-starter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spondon Owl said:

Let's be realistic. Warnock is arguably the best championship manager we have seen. He takes tired, washed up players and gets them playing.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that he would get us playing gritty resolute football with a keen desire to win. There is no way he would let his legacy be ruined by purposely taking us down. People must be off their rockers if they think that.

Imagine his legacy if he took us up. He'd be the king of sheffield. 

I totally agree with this. 

He would also be the best man for bringing in 10 new players in the summer on a shoe string budget in my opinion.