Does chansiri own uber now?

He could do...

The drivers for Uber are a total waste of space, they think they are better than everybody else.

When in fact they are total idle wasters, that just park up and block all the roads, so that people cannot achieve their aim/goals.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, MAL said:

He could do...

The drivers for Uber are a total waste of space, they think they are better than everybody else.

When in fact they are total idle wasters, that just park up and block all the roads, so that people cannot achieve their aim/goals.

If they can't achieve aiming at goals it must be an SWFC sponsored effort.

37 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

If they can't achieve aiming at goals it must be an SWFC sponsored effort.

Yeah

It was a two point post (hey more points than we are getting at the minute :biggrin:).

It is true in both scenarios that i put.

Uber drivers = Total VVVank  :angry: :mad:

SWFC players = Total VVVank  :angry: :mad:

• Haha 2

Everyone working in the Gig economy does so because they have very little alternative. They are driven by their bosses and by the need to make ends meet. Our regular delivery driver works long hours, we have had him at our door between 8 a.m. and 8-30 p.m. i'm sure he has a frugal existence though I don't delve too deep. He's always polite and has a smile and is more than helpful towards the aged in the area.

My son recently lost his job due to the mental trauma brought on by his daughters death at 3 days old. He had to get back on his feet after losing his retail managers job @ £28k pa. He would have won an appeal quite easily but he simply lost the will to fight. He found his way into two zero hours jobs on minimum wage. In three of the longest weeks of his life he was called in for 6 a.m. starts on eight occasions only to be sent home because of over staffing.

Since then he has landed two part time jobs in the NHS one of which is supervisory. Both jobs total 51 hours and slowly he is turning his life around. The loss of their daughter has lead to a family split but he has got himself a flat and he and his former partner are developing shared parenting responsibilities.

This is not a tear jerk piece but is just a reflection of how the Gig economy often impacts on ordinary people. Is this the way people want to go, really ?   

4 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Everyone working in the Gig economy does so because they have very little alternative. They are driven by their bosses and by the need to make ends meet. Our regular delivery driver works long hours, we have had him at our door between 8 a.m. and 8-30 p.m. i'm sure he has a frugal existence though I don't delve too deep. He's always polite and has a smile and is more than helpful towards the aged in the area.

My son recently lost his job due to the mental trauma brought on by his daughters death at 3 days old. He had to get back on his feet after losing his retail managers job @ £28k pa. He would have won an appeal quite easily but he simply lost the will to fight. He found his way into two zero hours jobs on minimum wage. In three of the longest weeks of his life he was called in for 6 a.m. starts on eight occasions only to be sent home because of over staffing.

Since then he has landed two part time jobs in the NHS one of which is supervisory. Both jobs total 51 hours and slowly he is turning his life around. The loss of their daughter has lead to a family split but he has got himself a flat and he and his former partner are developing shared parenting responsibilities.

This is not a tear jerk piece but is just a reflection of how the Gig economy often impacts on ordinary people. Is this the way people want to go, really ?   

Excuse my ignorance but what is the GIg economy? I’ve never heard the term before .

Ps glad to hear your lad is turning things around after a very traumatic time bot personally and professionally.

Gig economy is basically to say you turn up and get paid when there is work available.

So in many ways for a section of society, students, carers, retired folk, seasonal workers it is a good thing. You can earn when you want and be flexible to your own needs.

However I will agree with Nev (a rare situation) in that if it becomes a substitute for full time work then it is a real issue

7 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

So sorry for your son's loss,  and condolences for all of your family, I don't normally reply to these type of posts as I never know what to say, but it was the thoughtless idiot who negged your post which prompted me to apologise for such behaviour from a fellow poster. 

I am disgusted by the behaviour of some of the people on here and the stuff posted, but this was absolutely horrific and I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would do such a thing, once again apologies to you and your family. 

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

Gig economy is basically to say you turn up and get paid when there is work available.

So in many ways for a section of society, students, carers, retired folk, seasonal workers it is a good thing. You can earn when you want and be flexible to your own needs.

However I will agree with Nev (a rare situation) in that if it becomes a substitute for full time work then it is a real issue

Indeed, the issue is that it only really works for people who don’t need it. Those who can take it or leave it. Those for whom the exit door is permanently ajar.

This leads to high turnover of workers, meaning it’s often the only sector hiring regularly. In turn that forces people *without* an obvious exit strategy to take up zero hours positions that they’re immediately reliant on, either due to pressure on/from the benefits system or to avoid falling into a cycle of predatory loans. It’s ‘better than nothing’ on paper.

Problem is, once you’re a gig economy worker who needs it for bills, it can become very tough to get out of, no matter how rough the ride is. And it can be rough, because for some reason basic rights and common decency seem to be overlooked by the few who profit from that system of employment.

It was never supposed to be a solution for the majority, or to ease unemployment figures, but successive governments have been happy to let it proliferate almost unchecked, as it papers over the statistical cracks left by their own rampant shithousery.

Needs a massive change.

Sorry to hear about your lad’s rough time Nev, things will improve. All best to him and you.

Wouldn’t an example of the “gig economy” be  ‘zero hour contracts”

Its becoming more and more common....the latest fashion.

Employees are still officially employees because the employer is responsible for their tax and ni.

However in reality they are treat more like someone subcontracting as self employed status and have less rights.

Edited by sheffsteel

2 hours ago, daleblue said:

So sorry for your son's loss,  and condolences for all of your family, I don't normally reply to these type of posts as I never know what to say, but it was the thoughtless idiot who negged your post which prompted me to apologise for such behaviour from a fellow poster. 

I am disgusted by the behaviour of some of the people on here and the stuff posted, but this was absolutely horrific and I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would do such a thing, once again apologies to you and your family. 

Wind your neck in Dale.  it was supposed to be a sad face.