Ivan Toney

1 minute ago, Junk Smuggler said:

I think to be a Brentford, Peterborough or Barnsley in terms of player signings we need to realise we aren’t a big club any more and work from the bottom up. 

Create a totally different ethos at the club that doesn’t heap pressure and expectation unnecessarily. Let the players enjoy their football.

We've been heavily reliant on those that have been there done that and have lost that edge. it's time to bring in those hungry lower league players and have a manger who can get the best out of them and bring them on as individuals I hate to say it but Chris Wilder.

Don’t know how Peterborough do it. Always seem to find top strikers and move them on for a big fee. 

Would love us to go in for Toney but I don’t think we are in the business of £10m fees. But I’m sure which ever club does pay the fee will get there money’s worth. 

If only we had been more sensible and forward thinking after Wembley. With better recruitment and scouting, if we had sold some of our better players whilst they had resale value, we'd more than likely have been back up by now or at least in not such a state on and off the pitch. Need to start finding players on the rise before their value rockets, selling them on and building sensibly.

3 hours ago, 1867_OWL said:

Looks the business do you feel he could cut this grade?

Still hungry for goals at only 23? 

Wouldn't be crippling on wages IMO.

I suspect there will be a queue of clubs monitoring this lad. 

good luck. He’ll go to a club that hasn’t spent all its money on long term contracts for has beens or never will be’s.

4 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

If only we had been more sensible and forward thinking after Wembley. With better recruitment and scouting, if we had sold some of our better players whilst they had resale value, we'd more than likely have been back up by now or at least in not such a state on and off the pitch. Need to start finding players on the rise before their value rockets, selling them on and building sensibly.

Yea, hindsight's a wonderful thing innit?

If mi aunt had a pair of boll*cks......... and all that. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Would you sell your own family? Life is bigger than football!

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Would also be tempted to take a look at Blackpools Armand Gnanduillet. Averaged a goal every other game since 2018 and a bit of a beast at 6ft4. Every year we should take a punt on a lower league player, sooner or later one would pay off.

Think we were linked with him before he went there.